Trouble Logging In

Hi I have downloaded the Smart FTP because I need to use it at home for my new job. I have inserted the login information correctly and it tells me it is unable to resolve host name. When I clicked on the support, it told me:

"If you have verified that the hostname is correct, there may be a problem with your DNS server (or with your ISP's DNS server if you are a standalone user). It may be unable to resolve hostnames to IP addresses."

If this is the case, I am unsure how I can fix this. If anyone can PLEASE help me, I'd really appreciate it. I've been trying to do this ever since last night, and it's giving me a headache..

Thanks
-Pook

Hello ..

Please post the log of your FTP session.

Regards,
SmartFTP

hi ive been having same trouble didnt know if you mangaged to fix it yet or not here is my log.

[09:39:50] SmartFTP v2.5.1006.12
[09:39:50] Resolving host name "ftp.distribution.xbins.org"
[09:40:03] Unable to resolve host name.
[09:40:03] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/81
[09:40:03] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[09:40:33] Continue to login attempt 2...
[09:40:33] Resolving host name "ftp.distribution.xbins.org"
[09:40:46] Unable to resolve host name.
[09:40:46] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/81
[09:40:46] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Hello ...

The host you are trying to connect to doesn't exist:

C:\Users\mb>ftp ftp.distribution.xbins.org
Unknown host ftp.distribution.xbins.org.
ftp>

Please get the correct host name and try again. For example try distribution.xbins.org.

C:\Users\mb>ftp distribution.xbins.org
Connected to xbins.org.
220 XHD
User (xbins.org:(none)):

Regards
SmartFTP

Hi Thanks for your reply, i dont know why but it works using FlashFXp & CuteFTP but not SmartFTP even no the host recomnds using Smartftp as the 1st choice. and a made sure i used the same details for all, i even copied and pasted to make sure i didnt spell anything wrong.

Hello ..

The host you have entered cannot be resolved - regardless of what tool you are using. Please open a new connection and enter the correct host information (without the ftp prefix):
menu: File -> New Remote Browser

Regards,
SmartFTP

I was just entering the host info as distribution.xbins.org with out ftp but i was putting it in at the top for page not clicking on new remote browser like you just infromed me to do but it was entering the ftp by itself, now it just tried it back the other way and it works both ways, weird i don't know what happened. but it works so thats good..

Thanks for all you help.