Uploading problems

Hello, I'm new to this but not completely computer illiterate!

I followed the tutorial to upload from a file on my computer to my site. I am able to connect to the remote server. When I open a local browser the window opens on the right of my screen (on the tutorial the local browser opened on the left). When I highlight the files I want to upload and try and drag and drop them into the folder on my site it will not let me do this.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I followed the tutuorial as best I could!

Please help!

Thank you,
Cynthia

Hello!
I'm kinda new to administrating a website through FTP also. I just recently took over the webmaster role for an existing website which is not my own. When I'm uploading new versions of the htm-pages, I get the following lines in FTP:

150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for textmall.css
[21:30:04] 725 bytes transferred. (22,8 kB/s) (31 ms)
[21:30:04] 226 Transfer complete.
[21:30:04] MDTM 20070706192956 textmall.css
[21:30:04] 550 20070706192956 textmall.css: No such file or directory
[21:30:04] SIZE textmall.css
[21:30:04] 213 725
[21:30:04] Transfer successful.

Code 550 says no such file or directory, but it still works. Why?

Also; earlier today I was updating the website and uploading the htm-page and everything was working fine. Then all of a sudden I couldn't upload the page because of no space on device (error code 452). I didn't do much updating to the page that should cause increase in size; just changing color on text and making a line break and so on. Does this mean that "my" space on "my" webhotel is getting to small? However, I deleted a small gif-file (1 kb), but it didn't seem to help any at all. Then all of a sudden, a minute or so later, it all worked fine again, and I was able to upload the htm-page again. Can anyone please explain this to me? I thought I got this, but now I feel like such a dummy... scared to do much updating since the website is not my own...

Hello, I'm new to this but not completely computer illiterate!

I followed the tutorial to upload from a file on my computer to my site. I am able to connect to the remote server. When I open a local browser the window opens on the right of my screen (on the tutorial the local browser opened on the left). When I highlight the files I want to upload and try and drag and drop them into the folder on my site it will not let me do this.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I followed the tutuorial as best I could!

Please help!

Thank you,
Cynthia
First hello,
you will proberbly find the upload is placed in the temporary queue...

secondly,

problems are not little as i have been using sftp 4 a while now but am getting aggrivated with the latest problems of...
queued uploads with repeate scheduleds,
it seams that files are randomly deleted or posibly just skiped after deleting so leaving files missing on server. but corrects if i manualy upload missing files,
this is not my understanding of the process as it seems to runaway leaving the real task half done..