SmartFTP will not load

I try over and over again to load it. After about 10 times, it loads. I have the most up-to-date version. But this problem has been going on for a few months. It happens on two different computers with both Windows Home and Pro. I have read about others having this problem. Is there a reason for this or a fix out there? I was interested in buying the program but am not doing it now because of this. Please help.

That download (and install) will not load either.

I cannot open SmartFTP for the life of me, it just hangs on the splash screen.

Is there a link to any 2.0 versions?

I try over and over again to load it. After about 10 times, it loads. I have the most up-to-date version. But this problem has been going on for a few months. It happens on two different computers with both Windows Home and Pro. I have read about others having this problem. Is there a reason for this or a fix out there? I was interested in buying the program but am not doing it now because of this. Please help.
Downloaded this yet again and still it has the same problems. Sometimes it only takes 1 time to load, other its about 5 times. Happens on both computers.

Hello ..

SmartFTP should always display a message box. Install the latest version and if you should experience the problem again please post a proper bug report.

Regards,
SmartFTP

I try over and over again to load it. After about 10 times, it loads. I have the most up-to-date version as I have just recently again did the install. But this problem has been going on for a few months. It happens on two different computers with both Windows Home and Pro. I have read about others having this problem. Is there a reason for this or a fix out there? I was interested in buying the program but am not doing it now because of this. Please help.

Your question has been answered a numerous time already.

1. Install the latest version from
https://www.smartftp.com/download

2. Delete the registry settings
You can either use the SmartFTP Backup Tool (look in the Start -> All Programs -> SmartFTP Client menu) or delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\ registry key manually.

Please purchase a license as you keep on posting into the technical support forum for licensed users.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Hi, I'm having the same problem as the OP. I downloaded a new version a few weeks ago, thinking if I re-installed it, that might help, but no. Then today I backed up as you suggested to the previous poster, but I don't know how to edit my registry or what to do. I start SmartFTP and I get the initial little window that tells me my copy is old, but it's not, I just updated it, and also gives me the option to download, and has the Okay button, which I press. After that, I get the "Loading, please wait" noise from my computer but nothing happens.

Hi, I'm having the same problem as the OP. I downloaded a new version a few weeks ago, thinking if I re-installed it, that might help, but no. Then today I backed up as you suggested to the previous poster, but I don't know how to edit my registry or what to do. I start SmartFTP and I get the initial little window that tells me my copy is old, but it's not, I just updated it, and also gives me the option to download, and has the Okay button, which I press. After that, I get the "Loading, please wait" noise from my computer but nothing happens.
Since all they normally tell you is to install you the latest version over and over again, what you need to do is what mb said right before your post. Delete the registry file. Go to the SmartFTP folder in your start>programs menu, then Tools, then Backup, hit Next and then click the button next to Reset and then Next. Hit next again and then unclick the first two tabs and hit Next and Next again. That should finish it off. This is the only thing that worked for me. "Install the latest version" is the answer you get anytime you ask a question but its not the full answer.

Thank you, SVTCobraLTD. That seemed to work this time. It's worked for me off and on -- mostly off -- for a little while. I'm a web designer and can't afford FTP downtime, so if this isn't a reliable fix, it's off to find something else. I wanted to maybe buy the full version of SmartFTP because I like it so much, but if it won't be reliable, there's no point. Keeping my fingers crossed, and thanks again.