Setting up Multiple Transfer Queues

I am a newbie to SmartFTP - still evaluating it before purchasing it.
I've been playing with it for a few hours, but even accessing the KB and forum questions, cannot figure out how to set up multiple scheduled transfer queues.
Here's my situation:
On the 1st Friday of each month, I want to download the entire site (as a backup). I have that particular queue set up and scheduled for once a month.
But on the other Fridays, I want to download just specific folders that change regularly....to save time.

First of all, I don't believe your software allows me to set up "every Friday except the 1st" - but even if it DID, how do I set up a transfer queue that connects to the same URL, and downloads to the same destination drive, but with different folders - and then save it so I can have these multiple queues existing simultaneously and have them run appropriately when scheduled?

Add all the folders you want download on all but the 1st Friday to the Queue. You may need to add the same folder multiple times to the Transfer Queue to allow multiple schedules.
You cannot specify to run a task in the Transfer Queue on a specific weekday (e.g. every Friday doesn't work).

Regards,
SmartFTP

Add all the folders you want download on all but the 1st Friday to the Queue. You may need to add the same folder multiple times to the Transfer Queue to allow multiple schedules.
You cannot specify to run a task in the Transfer Queue on a specific weekday (e.g. every Friday doesn't work).

Regards,
SmartFTP

I assumed that if I set up the 1st run date as a Friday, then do recurring every 1 week(s), it would automatically set it up as running every Friday.

As for queue, I'm not sure I understand.... For the 1st Friday backup, I have the "site-level folders" in the queue so it will essentially back up the full site (and other sites for this client on the same server). But then I should ALSO add the sub-directories that I want to back up weekly, and add them to the same queue, but establish a different schedule for them? Don't all the entries in the queue follow the same schedule by default?

And one other question - do I need to have SmartFTP open on my desktop at the time of the scheduled transfer in order for it to take off automatically?

Thanks for your patience...

Hello ..

You can set an invidiual schedule for each item (file/folder) in the transfer queue. SmartFTP needs to be running for the scheduled task to be executed. You may want to add SmartFTP to the Windows scheduler (Scheduled Tasks). Or you can just let it run all the time and minimize it to the system tray.

Regards,
-Mat

Hello ..

You can set an invidiual schedule for each item (file/folder) in the transfer queue. SmartFTP needs to be running for the scheduled task to be executed. You may want to add SmartFTP to the Windows scheduler (Scheduled Tasks). Or you can just let it run all the time and minimize it to the system tray.

Regards,
-Mat

One last thing, hopefully: When the first item (a full site folder) on my transfer queue was finished transferring (I had scheduled for every Friday, but then decided to run it right away to test it out), it disappeared off the queue, even though I had it set up for recurring, every Friday.
Did I mess up the "schedule" by running it right away, outside of the schedule? Do I need to add it again (and set up the schedule again)?

Hello ..

The item only gets removed from the transfer queue if the recurrence check box is disabled. Try to readd it.

Regards,
-Mat

Hello ..

The item only gets removed from the transfer queue if the recurrence check box is disabled. Try to readd it.

Regards,
-Mat

I definitely had the recurrence enabled when I first set it up. SO, all I can figure is that it disabled it when I started running it right away, outside of the schedule. That's a LITTLE confusing.
I've re-added it - so we'll see how that goes tomorrow morning when it hopefully runs on schedule.
Thanks for all your help. Other than the limitations on scheduling (I'd like to run some on the 1st Friday of every month, and you can't do that), I'm liking what I see so far!

Thanks,
Sharon