How to disable password saving?

I don't understand why is it so hard to disable password saving. I remember in previous much older versions it was a cinch in disabling it, it was just a checkmark. Now its like a task. Is there anyway in disabling the password save feature? Its beyond common sense to have it easy to disable it for security reasons.

Leave the password empty in the favorite and you will be prompted to enter the password when you connect. If you really care about security you create an invidiual user account for each user and you encrypt the personal folder (%appdata%) with EFS. If you dislike EFS for some reasons you can use Truecrypt.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Leave the password empty in the favorite and you will be prompted to enter the password when you connect. If you really care about security you create an invidiual user account for each user and you encrypt the personal folder (%appdata%) with EFS. If you dislike EFS for some reasons you can use Truecrypt.

Regards,
SmartFTP

so there's no way in disabling the password feature all together? I find that really amazing, a company well known as this should have the basic common sense to know that this is something that ppl want for security purposes. What if this program was being used in an actual corporate company or organization? Anyone can get into each others account and mess with it. wow... back to using my old ftp program for me. I was told NOT to go with smartftp by some ppl, i never knew why. I guess this is why. A simple yet IMPORTANT feature like this makes you wonder what other things are wrong with this program.

Please read my last answer again. If you do not enter a password, no password will be saved.

Regards,
SmartFTP

If I do enter a password, it saves the password whether I want it to or not. I want the program to force me to type in the password every time I open a new connection. I don't want it to save the password every time I close the program. How do you prevent it from saving the password without having to edit the favorite every time you exit SmartFTP?

In the build I'm using (2.5.1006.37), it works like mb says:

- Remove any password frm the favorite item.
- Connect to the favorite.
- In the upcoming "Enter Login Information" dialog choose "None" (or "Session", if you like) from the "Update" selection box, but not "Favorite".

The password will not be stored inside the favorite. Depending on whether you selected "Session" or "None", you will be ask for the password the next time you start SmartFTP and connect to the site, or the next time you connect to the site (even within the same SmartFTP session).

That seems a little complicated. Is there a way to force no password to be the default when setting up a favorite? If I want to tell someone else how to set up a favorite without a password being saved, I don't want then to have to jump through hoops to do it.

When I look at the properties for the favorite, it says for Login Type "Username & Password" even though the password is blank. That also can be quite confusing to the average user.

Maybe in a future release they might make it simpler by including a checkbox next to the password field in the window for creating a favorite.