How can I see .htaccess

I've searched and all I found are instruction to look in the settings for transfer. This new version of SmartFTP does not have settings for show hidden files.

I've also tried showing raw listings, and still don't see it.

As soon as I upload something, and rename to .htaccess...it disappears after refreshing.

Any ideas?

I've searched and all I found are instruction to look in the settings for transfer. This new version of SmartFTP does not have settings for show hidden files.

As soon as I upload something, and rename to .htaccess...it disappears after refreshing.

Any ideas?

Ok actually I see the settings for see all files...but still do not see it. Any ideas?

Hello ...

SmartFTP displays everything the server returns. To verify what the server returns right-click on the folder in the tree view and select "Show Raw Listing" from the context menu. It's very likely - if you have the [x] Show All Files option enabled - that the server just doesn't include the .htaccess files in the directory listing.

Regards,
-Mat

I'm having the same problem, the raw listing doesn't show it, the right listing options seem to be enabled, but nothing under smart ftp.

I've checked under DOS ftp, and it shows .htaccess, so the server is capable of returning the file.

You have probably not disabled the directory listing options. It means your LIST command has some arguments.

Regards,
SmartFTP

You have probably not disabled the directory listing options. It means your LIST command has some arguments.

Regards,
SmartFTP
And how can I do that?

Any ideas?

Exactly same problem here. Tried with filezilla and I can see the .htacess is there.

Post the log from SmartFTP and from Filezilla and we can tell you what options you need to change.

Same problem here. Can't see the .htaccess file, but I know it's there. Maddening really, all I want to do is a CHMOD on the file.

Here is a list of situations which apply to your problem:

Problem: The server does not return the .htaccess files in the MLSD reply because the server software is buggy
Solution: Go to the favorite settings, FTP -> Transfer dialog and disable the [x] Enable MLSD option.

Problem: The LIST command does not include the -a option
Solution: Go to the favorite settings, FTP -> Transfer dialog and check the [x] Show All Files option in "Directory Listing Options". To verify your change the log should show the LIST command with an additional -a argument.

Problem: The server does not include .htaccess files in the directory listing for the LIST and MLSD command (unlikely)
Solution: Contact your web hosting provider and ask them for assistance.

Regards,
SmartFTP