SmartFTP Expiration/Build Expiration

When attempting to use SmatrFTP I recieved a message that stated "Your SmartFTP build is about to expirre. Please buy a license or update to the latest build to remove this expiration notice."

I have only seen this message once to date and am curious if I will continue to get nag messages (and if so at what frequency) like this or if any functionality will be affected?

The current version I have works perfectly fine and I have no real need to update to the current version. Obviously my expired license isn't good with a current version either so I'd have to purchase a new license. I scanned the EULA but it isn't completely clear if my usage right expires when my license expires.

If anyone can provide any clarity I'd greatly appriceate it.

Thansk,
Jeremy

When attempting to use SmatrFTP I recieved a message that stated "Your SmartFTP build is about to expirre. Please buy a license or update to the latest build to remove this expiration notice."

I have only seen this message once to date and am curious if I will continue to get nag messages (and if so at what frequency) like this or if any functionality will be affected?

The current version I have works perfectly fine and I have no real need to update to the current version. Obviously my expired license isn't good with a current version either so I'd have to purchase a new license. I scanned the EULA but it isn't completely clear if my usage right expires when my license expires.

If anyone can provide any clarity I'd greatly appriceate it.

Thansk,
Jeremy

Hi, I'm sure the message says a licence is only required for business use, are you using yours for personal? If so then the licence doesn't matter

Hello Neil ...

You can use all versions of SmartFTP which have been released before the maintenance expiration date in your license key.
For further information about maintenance please see the following articles:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/inde ... aintenance

In your case there are 2 possibilities:
1. The version of SmartFTP you are using is older than the maintenance expiration date. In this case you forgot to activate it with your license key. You can resend the license key at:
https://www.smartftp.com/purchase/lost.php

2. The version of SmartFTP you are using is newer than the maintenance expiration date. In this case either renew your license or install an older version of SmartFTP from your backup.

Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP