Knowledge Base Feedback

Help us improve our Knowledge Base articles

The SmartFTP team would appreciate it if you could give us some feedback on what is needed to improve the quality and content of the SmartFTP Knowledge Base articles. If an article did not suffice your needs and answer your questions please let us know why.

Is the explanation vague/confusing/too technical/poorly written?
The article was good but your question was not answered. Suggestions on topics/problems are always welcome.
Even grammatical and spelling errors can be reported. Please help us improve our public support for your convenience.

Thank you.
SmartFTP

Article 2565: File Exist Rules

The only thing referring to the option to take action based on hash values is under "Best Practices", and reads "Prefer FTP servers with MDTM, SIZE and XCRC support".
I think it should be explain what this option does/how it works. Also, the phrasing appears wrong to me on SmartFTP ("Overrides the action if a server hash function is available"), because unless I got it wrong it seems that this hash comparaison will actually only be used when the result of rule analysis is either "Resume" or "Overwrite", then hash comparaison will be used to determine if we can resume or must overwrite, or if the files are the same despite different timestamps, for example.

But, if the rule analyzis based on time/size result in action "Skip", then there will be no hash comparaison. This doesn't sound obvious to me, as the option's note clearly states "Overrides the action", as in overrides the other rules...

FORUM FEEDBACK:

Can this be included on the Forum as a topic? I would certainly like to ask why I cannot click the link on my ID to get information. Very handy when I have posted a while back and want to easily find it.

M.

FORUM FEEDBACK:

Can this be included on the Forum as a topic? I would certainly like to ask why I cannot click the link on my ID to get information. Very handy when I have posted a while back and want to easily find it.

M.

OK. This works from within a post but not from the top link which states "logged on as......" : Plus the bottom link "1 User(s) are reading this topic ": Plus board stats on main page, which error out as

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

M

I would like to request a discussion of how to use WORKSPACE. I am unfamiliar with the concept, and I did a GOOGLE search of this site for the word and found that it appears zero times.

Thank you for considering this request.