firewall problems

hey there,
my english is bad but i'll try my best
till i installed (upgraded) norton internet security2006 i can't access my homepage servers with smartftp
at the beginning i realized that i had some port to norton internet security2006 list to allow the connection
that way smartftp found the server. but i still don't get the connection. smartftp waits for a connection login sequence that doesn't come. someone can help me please

My firewall need a setup with the protocol ans ports to allow ti use Smart-FTp

Infact when I try to conenct to a website the login stop to

Entering Passive Mode (216,74,93,43,222,129)
Opening data connection to 216.74.93.43 Port: 56961
MLSD

Can someone help me?

Thank's

I've just downloaded SmartTFP and I'm having a similar problem (connection dials but I can't get in). I think it has something to do with my recently renewed subscription to Norton but I don't know enough about firewalls to figure out why I'm having this problem.

Hope someone can help.

hey there,
my english is bad but i'll try my best
till i installed (upgraded) norton internet security2006 i can't access my homepage servers with smartftp
at the beginning i realized that i had some port to norton internet security2006 list to allow the connection
that way smartftp found the server. but i still don't get the connection. smartftp waits for a connection login sequence that doesn't come. someone can help me please

Just had a problem with WinXP SP2. Couldn't connect to the ftp server. Turned windows firewall off and it connected!

Checked the exceptions list and Smartftp client was listed, so it should have worked with the firewall on.

puters!!