BUGS, hard to figure out

hi,

i love smartftp, but i do have some issues sometimes...

i had been using 2.0.x and i did an update check and saw there was a 2.5.x available.

so i told it to DL it, saved it locally, then ran it.

it went thru the install process, but never seemed to actually install. i tried several times but my ver never made the jump from what it was (2.0) to what it was supposed to become (2.5)

finally i gave up and downloaded the beta and installed that.

that did work and now i have ver 2.5.1005.10 (altho in help->about->license it just says 2.5.1005)

it said i should reboot my computer, but i didn't do so, b/c i have many windows open and it didn't seem necessary.

HOWEVER, unlike my previous version, i can't disable the splash screen! this is VERY annoying.

is this a bug? is there a workaround? do i need to reboot to have that functionality? why is a reboot required to install a ftp app?

any info would be great, thx, -mdw

Hello ..

The splash can be disbaled in the Settings->Interface options. It's working as exepcted.

Regards,
-Mat

Hello ..

The splash can be disbaled in the Settings->Interface options. It's working as exepcted.

Regards,
-Mat

hi, thx for the reply but i did know that, as i said in 2.0 i had it off.

but now, in my install anyway, its not turning off.

i have since rebooted...

and i have had the check mark in, quit, restarted, then check mark out, quit, restarted, and regardless of what i do regarding the checkmark, or how many ways i try it or restart it, the splash screen will not go away.

any suggestions?