An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

I've been trying to connect but, "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine." happened.

Log:
[20:39:09] SmartFTP v2.5.1005.10
[20:39:10] Resolving host name "ftp.mydomain.com"
[20:39:10] Connecting to 216.34.94.184 Port: 21
[20:39:10] Connected to ftp.mydomain.com.
[20:39:31] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[20:39:31] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[20:39:31] Server closed connection
[20:40:01] Continue to login attempt 2...
[20:40:01] Resolving host name "ftp.mydomain.com"
[20:40:01] Connecting to 216.34.94.184 Port: 21
[20:40:01] Connected to ftp.mydomain.com.
[20:40:22] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[21:00:00] Ditto

Hi, it's server issue.

So what do I do now to connect?

Hello ..

ftp.mydomain.com is obviously just a dummy host name. You can get the correct host name from your web hosting provider. This is the company which offers you the web space on the internet.

Regards,
-Mat

So what do I do now to connect?
hello,
I was having this same error. little confusing it says "aborted by software in your host machine" this seems to mean the computer where smartftp is running. not the server you are connected to.
using mcfee virus console, access protection properties, was able to uncheck: prevent outbound ftp

the problem went away. it's all good.

I am getting this message "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine" and have checked the box in XP firewall for exceptions, still no luck. Any ideas.

thanks quench

I cannot get past this point, I have read threads for info but am getting more confused.

[08:02:23] SmartFTP v2.5.1005.17
[08:02:23] Resolving host name "ftp://ftp.spin.net.au/"
[08:02:23] Connecting to 64.28.177.78 Port: 21
[08:02:23] Connected to ftp://ftp.spin.net.au/.
[08:02:44] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[08:02:44] Server closed connection
[08:02:44] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

Below is after the firewall is turned off,

[08:06:23] SmartFTP v2.5.1005.17
[08:06:23] Resolving host name "ftp://ftp.spin.net.au/"
[08:06:23] Connecting to 64.28.177.78 Port: 21
[08:06:44] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[08:06:44] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[08:06:44] Client closed the connection.
[08:06:44] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58

I have been here ; Knowledge Base, Home > FTP Client Errors > Connection Refused with no luck.

Windows XP SP2, Router D-Link DSL-G604T. I will update the firmware to see if that helps.

quench: Your host name ftp://ftp.spin.net.au/ is wrong. Try ftp.spin.net.au instead.

Regards,
-Mat

Thanks Mat,

working now.

cheers

I've read all of the messages about this issue, but they don't solve my problem. I have my domain name, my user name and my password, but I keep, getting the same message--

a connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection faied because connected host has failed to respond.

or the other message I get is:

an established connection was aborted by the software in your machine.

Please can anyone help? And why did it all suddenly change? It was working fine until today.

Ok, now i am getting this error same as posted above. It says its free to use as long as u dont use it for business right, which im not. I use it for uploading maps or plugins to a game server. Have made no changes to firewall settings or any settings at all. My connection settings to the server meaning ip ports password etc is all correct. But its still telling me my software is not letting it connect, why? My free trial was for 30 days, its on 47days now, and i used it yesterday with no problems at all for a brief period uploading a map. FREE what is this a scan to get me to buy it or what!!!! And yes i have read everywhere about this issue and nothing applies to me that ive found yet. Someone please respone i would just like to know what is wrong here and why this has happened, thank u

[19:48:03] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[19:48:03] Server closed connection
[19:48:33] Continue to login attempt 2...
[19:48:33] Resolving host name "208.166.247.10"
[19:48:33] Connecting to 208.166.247.10 Port: 21
[19:48:33] Connected to 208.166.247.10.
[19:48:34] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[19:48:34] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[19:48:34] Server closed connection

and on and on never connects, is this maybe a server problem? all of the information is correct passwords ip port etc, i have checked it over and over?

EDITEDIT EDIT IT WAS THE SERVER NOT SMART FTP, turns out i couldnt even log into the ftp from website, i posted a support ticket and pow everything worked, no reason as to what the problem was of course but. Just to say anyone that has this problem check ur server if ur problem is similar to mine, most likely it is server. thank u all, but i got it covered lol problem solved.

I am having the exact same problem!!!!! I have tried to change every setting known to man and nothing works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

not EXACTLY the same problem here, but close:

I AM able to log in, but only 9 out of 10 times. How is that possible?

Usually I get the same message as the other posters in this thread here:
"An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine"

Sometimes I get this message somewhere in the beginning of the login procedure, sometimes I get it completely at the end of the inlog procedure and sometimes I am being disconnected after I try to browse in my web-content.

Sometimes I after every successful file upload the connection is broken. Sometimes it is broken just before the actual storage of the to be uploaded file takes place.

So, something seems to be highly unstable here.. And I'm not sure where the problem lies, as at times I AM able to work normally with smartftp, although usually not. In the past I did not have these problems. I have changed nothing concerning the firewall-properties.

I did change from internet provider and now work with a modem/router set in bridge modus (in it's default non-bridge setting, I had all sorts of strange internet problems...).

I'd appreciate any advice information (I already checked all information/links given above, but as -at times- I am able to login, all the already given information does not seem to apply to my situation).

regards,

M.T.Pilot

Hi M.T. Pilot
were you able to resolve this problem ?
as I am having the same issues as you are/were. sometimes I can log in and transfer 1 file before it errors out, other times I can't connect at all.
I am starting to think it might be bandwidth related.

hello,
I was having this same error. little confusing it says "aborted by software in your host machine" this seems to mean the computer where smartftp is running. not the server you are connected to.
using mcfee virus console, access protection properties, was able to uncheck: prevent outbound ftp

the problem went away. it's all good.

I am trying to get ftp to work however whatever i do nothing is helps. I keep getting this message:

Im am trying to use ftp for my ps3 however I keep getting this error

Connection attempt 8...

Resolving host name "192.168.1.99"

Connecting to 192.168.1.99 Port: 21

Connected to 192.168.1.99.

Server closed connection

Connect failed. Waiting to retry (30s)...

I have tried turning off all the firewalls on the computer but it doesnt help. I have McAfee on my computer but I cant find out how to access protection properties. Anything would be helpful.

Thanks