files not being overwritten

I am having issues with files not being overwritten. I am using the latest version of SmartFTP and I get the usual message asking whether I want to overwrite the file on the remote server. I click overwrite adn it doesn't do it. About half of the time it will overwrite and the other half it will not overwrite. Some files just won't transfer. I get the following message:
[18:58:43] TYPE A
[18:58:43] 200 TYPE is now ASCII
[18:58:43] PASV
[18:58:43] 227 Entering Passive Mode (70,87,90,34,128,72)
[18:58:43] Opening data connection to xx.xx.xx.xx Port: xxxxx
[18:58:43] MLSD
[18:58:43] 150 Accepted data connection
[18:58:43] 226-Options: -a -l
[18:58:43] 226 14 matches total
[18:58:43] 1664 bytes transferred. (81.2 KB/s) (20 ms)
[18:58:43] Transfer failed.

Why is it failing for some and not for others?

Also, I have an issue with the program getting stuck refreshing the local browser every 2 seconds or so. It makes it really hard to navigate large directories because when you are searching down the list of directories the refresh takes you all the way back up to your previous location before you have a chance to find what you are looking for.

Any suggestions? Like I said, I am using the latest version so there are no more upgrades that I can do.

Hello ..

Your post lacks several information:
1. Full log
2. Version information (Help: About->System Information)

Regards,
SmartFTP

I did not save the log so I guess I'll have to save the log when it happens again. I deleted the files on the remote server and uploaded the new ones so I don't think I can replilcate the exact same situation. I will post after it happens again though.

Also, the refreshing issue happens when I click on a folder and it says it is "Searching for items..." in the lower portion of the local browser under the folder list. It switches back and fourth between listing the number of objects, for example, "130 objects" and "Searching for items...". Every time it does this, about every second or two, the pointer turns into an hourglass and the folder list seems to refresh. This goes on non-stop, however, it will stop sometimes when I click on another folder. Other times I need to close the program and reopen to get things back to normal.

Here is the version information:

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 1395 MHz
Total Memory : 1023 MB
Free Memory : 567 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.0.1002.0
Time Stamp : 2007-01-21 12:39:34
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.9.4
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.1

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.0.1002.0

+- System DLL -------------------------
unicows.dll : 1.0.4018.0
shell32.dll : 6.00.2900.3051 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.061219-0316)
shlwapi.dll : 6.00.2900.3020 (xpsp.061023-0222)
comctl32.dll : 6.0 (xpsp.060825-0040)
riched20.dll : 5.30.23.1228
schannel.dll : 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5700.6

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Hello ..

Is the local folder in question a folder on a network drive? Do you know if another application modifies some files in this folder or writes some new files into this folder?
Thank you.

Regards,
-Mat

The local folder is My Documents and other folders within My Documents. It is a laptop and I am connected to a network. My Documents does syncronize with a folder on a network server (for backup purposes) when I shut down Windows.

Sometimes I have Windows Explorer open at the same time and most of the time I have Dreamweaver open so I can alter documents before uploading. I don't know of any other program modifying files other than the ones I personally modify and save.

It just started happening again when I reestablished connection to the remote server but this time it is not toggling between "130 objects" and "Searching for items..." in the bottom of the local browser. It is refreshing the local browser though. I guess it is refreshing. Basically, when I pull the scroll bar down to look for another folder, it pulls back up to the folder that is selected every two seconds or so. And like I said before, the pointer turns into an hourglass at the same time, every two seconds.

I will keep an eye on everything to see what other details I can give you.

I am getting the hourglass every couple seconds in Windows Explorer too but it still lets me browse normally.

Then I closed Windows Explorer and it stopped happening in SmartFTP.

Hello ...

Thank you for the the additional information. You are saying that you can browse normally in Windows Explorer. Can you tell me more about why this is possible with the Windows Explorer and not with SmartFTP's Local Browser? If you have time a CamStudio http://www.camstudio.org movie showing the situation would be very helpful.

Thank you
Regards,
-Mat