How to upload new or changed files only

I am a very non-technical [ :huh: ] user of SmartFTP but enjoy using it for a couple of websites for clubs. These sites were created in MS Publisher [kinda-sorta WYSIWYG... wouldn't know HTML if it bit me] and have grown to include almost 300 images and about 50 web pages each...

MS Publisher does not have a file naming convention that I can seem to understand, so when I make a change or addition to these sites, I cannot locate the changed or new files and have to reload virtually everything... always the "index" file and "index files" folders... and this takes a lot of time. Some of the files are big and I get time-outs every now and then too...

I expect that there is a way to have SmartFTP compare the files to be uploaded to the ones already uploaded and then set the software to upload only new or changed files... and that's what I am trying to find...

I've searched the forum before writing this and could not find an answer... it may be that my search terms are too layman-like and I just don't know enough to understand some of the comments about vaious 'rules' and such.

Anyway, if someone could shed a little light on this for me, I would very much appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Hello ..

Try to use the Transfer Queue. By default it will only upload new or updated/modified files. See the tutorial at:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/howto
"Transfer Queue - Upload"

Regards,
SmartFTP

I am a very non-technical [ :huh: ] user of SmartFTP but enjoy using it for a couple of websites for clubs. These sites were created in MS Publisher [kinda-sorta WYSIWYG... wouldn't know HTML if it bit me] and have grown to include almost 300 images and about 50 web pages each...

MS Publisher does not have a file naming convention that I can seem to understand, so when I make a change or addition to these sites, I cannot locate the changed or new files and have to reload virtually everything... always the "index" file and "index files" folders... and this takes a lot of time. Some of the files are big and I get time-outs every now and then too...

I expect that there is a way to have SmartFTP compare the files to be uploaded to the ones already uploaded and then set the software to upload only new or changed files... and that's what I am trying to find...

I've searched the forum before writing this and could not find an answer... it may be that my search terms are too layman-like and I just don't know enough to understand some of the comments about vaious 'rules' and such.

Anyway, if someone could shed a little light on this for me, I would very much appreciate the help.

Thanks!

I was just wondering if you could help me, I am trying to use an MS Publisher website and would like to use SmartFTP to upload it to DreamHost. Is there an easy tutorial for this process or does SmartFTP walk you through these steps?