SFTPNSI.exe ?

Hello,
Could anyone tell me, what's the difference between SFTPNSI.exe and SFTPMSI.exe? I have run SFTPNSI.exe to install, is that the stable version or the beta version? I'm a personal user, using smartFTP to upload files for a charity organization, which file is advisable to use ?

TIA,
hwang

SFTPNSI.exe internally uses the Nullsoft installer, SFTPMSI.exe the Microsoft installer. Beta versions only come out as NSI installers, final version as both NSI and MSI installers. Although the MSI installer usually is bigger in size, it contains exactly the same as the corresponding NSI installer. As it is not recommended to mix installations from NSI and MSI installers. I'd recommend to only use the NSI installer, as this enabled you to also use the beta versions and just install them over your existing NSI-based installation. The only case when you should use MSI is when you are a Windows Domain admin that wants to roll out SmartFTP to all PCs in the domain via Active Directory.

Please let me correct eyebex on this:
My recommendation is to install the MSI setups available on https://www.smartftp.com/download whenever a new official build is released/announced. Between the release of two official builds, beta versions and intermediary updates are provided in the SFTPNSI.exe setup. You can install the SFTPNSI.exe setup over an existing MSI installation (SFTPMSI.exe) without any problems or complications.

Regards,
-Mat

You can install the SFTPNSI.exe setup over an existing MSI installation (SFTPMSI.exe) without any problems or complications.
Although this will work in the sense that SmartFTP will run fine, you will get two uninstall entries for SmartFTP in this case (one from the NSI installer, one from the MSI installer, although both are installed in the same folder), which might confuse the user. This is why I do not recommend to do this (and because I personally dislike MSI :-)