File Filter (not working?)

I'm trying to filter FrontPage extra folders which start with underscore character (_).

My regular expression is: ^\_.*

And I checked to apply to folders. But SmartFTP keeps uploading folders which begin with underscore...

I checked regular expression and works for any string which begins with underscore character.

Hello ..

What version are you using? Please update to the latest beta and try again. If it shouldnt work, please post the System Information from the Help->About menu.

Thanks
-Mat

My regular expression is: ^\_.*
Why are you escaping the underscore ("_")? The correct regexp would simply be "^_" (the trailing ".*" is optional).

Thank you for your replies... I did get it work. As in "most" cases, it was user error. I forgot to select "RegExp" as the filter type.

As for eyebex's question, FrontPage creates a number of folders. Some examples are:

_private
_vti_cnf
_vti_pvt

Your suggested regular expression would only match the _ character itself and not any other characters following it...

Your suggested regular expression would only match the _ character itself and not any other characters following it...
Wrong. Have you actually tried it? In RegExp the end of a string has to be matched explicitly by "$", so it is not assumed that "^_" is equal to "^_$", instead it equals "^_.*". You only need to specify ".*" if it occurs e.g. in the middle of a string.

Hi,
after searching your site and the help I'm here.
I'd like to exclude ws_ftp.log from download

I tried
settings: filters [x]enable Filter [x]apply filter to folder
Type: RegExp
Value: 1. \ws_ftp.log\ 2. ws_ftp.log 3. "ws_ftp.log" 4. "\ws_ftp.log\"

For test I download WS_FTP.LOG assuming a working filter will prevent it.
But smartftp always copied the file. Downloading folders results the same.

What am I supposed to enter as value?

What value works if I choosed Type: WildChar?

settings: filters [x]enable Filter [x]apply filter to folder
Type: RegExp
Value: 1. \ws_ftp.log\ 2. ws_ftp.log 3. "ws_ftp.log" 4. "\ws_ftp.log\"
The correct RegExp filter would be "ws_ftp\.log". But "ws_ftp.log" should have worked if you did not forget to set the filter type to "Exclude".

What value works if I choosed Type: WildChar?
Just "ws_ftp.log".

The correct RegExp filter would be "ws_ftp\.log". But "ws_ftp.log" should have worked if you did not forget to set the filter type to "Exclude".
Just "ws_ftp.log".

None of the suggestions are working

Both settings work for me, for direct & queue, and for upload and download. You must be doing something wrong. And make sure you're using the most recent build (see my footer).

Both settings work for me, for direct & queue, and for upload and download. You must be doing something wrong. And make sure you're using the most recent build (see my footer).
This is the only logical consequence - the user has to be the cause. Great! No more question to find out what went wrong. Straight forward: Your fault.

Should I thank you for this reply?