upload file but no change

I am very new at this so please help if you can. For the past several days I have tried to upload updated files to my website. SmartFTP goes through it's thing, I get a "Transfer Complete" but My web site never changes. Any suggestions? I've waited hours and days now thinking it might take some time before the site actually changes.
Thanks, Deb

I am very new at this so please help if you can. For the past several days I have tried to upload updated files to my website. SmartFTP goes through it's thing, I get a "Transfer Complete" but My web site never changes. Any suggestions? I've waited hours and days now thinking it might take some time before the site actually changes.
Thanks, Deb

Im new too. can you tell me wich file you upload to. None match the tutorial. on mine. Try in help- tutorial- upload que. I dont know if editing a site, you are supposed to use upload que or not. Ro

Same thing with me, I'm uploading my files the right way and I get a "transfer complete" but whenever I view my site nothing happens. I've only tried to upload a testpage named index.html and it's not going through. I'm not new to website design, but I am new to ftp. Any help would be appreciated.

Same thing with me, I'm uploading my files the right way and I get a "transfer complete" but whenever I view my site nothing happens. I've only tried to upload a testpage named index.html and it's not going through. I'm not new to website design, but I am new to ftp. Any help would be appreciated.
does it take time at the hosts end for the site to be published, or should it be instant? ro

Im new too. can you tell me wich file you upload to. None match the tutorial. on mine. Try in help- tutorial- upload que. I dont know if editing a site, you are supposed to use upload que or not. Ro

I finally received a reply for help from my ISP. They had given me two addresses to upload to with the first being "most used" as it turned out the second address worked. All I can suggest to you at this point is if you are following the SmartFTP tutorial contact your ISP for help. I hope they help more quickly than mine did.
If interested you can have a look at my newly published site at: www.fortytoone.com

Thank you for your reply.

my site was given to me by my ISP it looked like this: /sites/yoursite name.com/www
good luck