421 Too many connections from this IP

I keep getting this error meesage "421 Too many connections (8) from this IP" and as a result my transfers continually fail.

I only have one connection currently operating (to the best of my knowledge) at any time and can't figure out why this message keeps occurring.

I need to make changes to a web site and am unable to. Any help appreciated. Even it is just a way to trace the open connections so that I can close them. The number (8) is consistant, so whatever it is, is constant from boot-up.

Thanks in adavnce.

Close all remote server windows and take a look at the queue (Ctrl-Q). If the queue does not list any connections, you're really not connected to the server (you have 0 connections). Moreover, you may need to ensure that no other programs (download managers, browsers) have open connections to that server.

Close all remote server windows and take a look at the queue (Ctrl-Q). If the queue does not list any connections, you're really not connected to the server (you have 0 connections). Moreover, you may need to ensure that no other programs (download managers, browsers) have open connections to that server.

Thanks for the response.

Is it possible to be more specific as to how to ensure that no other programs have open connections to the server?

After searching the achives it seems that this is not an entirely isolated incident, but there doesn't seem to be simple fix.

This incident is not a bug in SmartFTP. Most users simply do not fully understand what of their actions cause new connections to be made, thus reaching a server-side connection limit quite quickly.

As to your question to be more specific, I don't know how to do that. You just have to make sure no other Internet-related program connects to the same IP that you do with SmartFTP.