Need help to connect

I am totally lost with the program, even check out "Connect" tutorial, I use FireWorks and DreamWeaver to make websites, now I want to upload my files on the internet and I believe i'm using the right program... But then like the tutorial show, it says I need the host server? Which I don't know what it is.. can anyone help me? Then the pass and username, where can I find these?

Thanks

I am totally lost with the program, even check out "Connect" tutorial, I use FireWorks and DreamWeaver to make websites, now I want to upload my files on the internet and I believe i'm using the right program... But then like the tutorial show, it says I need the host server? Which I don't know what it is.. can anyone help me? Then the pass and username, where can I find these?

Thanks

I am a new user too. The host server is your web site address but with ftp in the front instead of www. ie ftp.jeff.com.au This domain name would have been chosen by you when you bought the web space from a provider. The provider would have supplied you with the user name and password. I got that part correct but don't know which file to open to upload to. tried then all but site won't appear on web. can any one help. ro