Windows 98

My old SmartFTP has now expired, so I have to download v.2. This doesn't include Win98 in the list of supported OS's, but it does say it is designed for 32-bit x86 and I have no other choice! It installs OK and imports my old settings, but falls over when I try to connect (page fault). I assume this is because of my old OS, and you would doubtless tell me that I should update, but it works fine in all other respects, and I see no (other) reason to change it. It does what I want, and if the old SmartFTP had just carried on working, everything would have been OK. As there are still around 70 million Win98 users still out there, why not let them keep something they can use?

Yeh, I'm a Win98 user and I'd just like to be able to keep my copy of SmartFTP (an older version - 2.0.999) running for personal non-commercial use. How can I re-instal it *and* get the licence nagger to reset?

Yeh, I'm a Win98 user and I'd just like to be able to keep my copy of SmartFTP (an older version - 2.0.999) running for personal non-commercial use. How can I re-instal it *and* get the licence nagger to reset?
No one else interested in being able to use Win98 then? Am I such a dinosaur?

Smart FTP used to be perfect for my needs. Now it won't work until it has been re-installed. But I can't reinstall it because the latest version includes a checker that works out that I'm running Win98 and stops. So I have acopy of some ghood software that I can't use. This doesn't seem very sensible!

OK then, anyone care to suggest what alternative FTP software I should get since Smart FTP is no longer available to me since I persist in using Win98?

Edit: Question answered via Search hence removed this post...