Copying files from one folder to another

Hi All,

How i can move files from one folder to another using FTP on the same remote server. Eg if the files are located in temp directory and i need to move it into temp2. How i can achive this?

Thanks in Advance

Hello ..

This question has been answered numerous times:

1. The FTP protocol doesn't offer a direct way to do this. It's not a limitation in SmartFTP
2. Workaround:
Open two connections to the same site/server. Drag&Drop from one site to the other. Also see the FXP tutorial at https://www.smartftp.com/support/howto
For this to work your FTP server need to be configured accordingly.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Just do this as you would in Windows Explorer: Drag & Drop the folder one level up.

Thanks - I thought it should be as easy as that However (and sorry for so many questions), where do I see "one level up?". Coming from the Unix world, I would normally see "." (for current dir) and ".." (for parent dir) in the directory listing, however I don't see these in the directory listing in smartftp. Is there a setting I should set so I see this directories, so it gives me a place to "drag" the folder to? Or is there an alternate way of doing it? Hopefully that makes sense.

I appreciate your help - thank you!

- Brian

We decided not to show any "." or ".." entries in the fileview. Instead, drop the folder to the its destination folder in the treeview on the left (so drag & drop from fileview to treeview).

We decided not to show any "." or ".." entries in the fileview. Instead, drop the folder to the its destination folder in the treeview on the left (so drag & drop from fileview to treeview).

Thank you very much - that solves it. I likely wouldn't have even asked for help on this if I hadn't disabled the "Folder View" pane on the remote server, so that now seems logical. Thanks!

- Brian

<delete>