stopping NOOP command

My Smart FTP send a NOOP command rgularly. The people hosting my FTP site dont want the NOOP command to be sent. IS there a way to turn this off???

Thank you.

Menu: Tools: Settings->Connection->Keep Alive

Your server administrator shouldn't care about the NOOP.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Menu: Tools: Settings->Connection->Keep Alive

Your server administrator shouldn't care about the NOOP.

Regards,
SmartFTP

The administrator does care. I just downloaded Smart FTP 2.5 The referenced 'keep alive' item does not exist in 2.5. Anyone know how to stop the noop in 2.5?? Please and thank you.

I too would like to know how to disable NOOP. The UNIX admins at fotki.com were not happy with me because SmartFTP kept sending NOOP when I was not transferring. I tried to locate and disable the aforementioned 'keep alive' setting but I cannot find it either as instructed. I am using the latest version availabe on the website. THanks!

I too would like to know how to disable NOOP. The UNIX admins at fotki.com were not happy with me because SmartFTP kept sending NOOP when I was not transferring. I tried to locate and disable the aforementioned 'keep alive' setting but I cannot find it either as instructed. I am using the latest version availabe on the website. THanks!

The settings in version 2.5 are very weird, and very different from v2.0. The instructions that were previously given in this thread worked for v2.0, *not* 2.5.

In 2.5, got to Tools -> Settings -> Favorites

Under "Default Favorite", click the "Edit" button.

From there you can get to Connection -> Keep Alive. You can select "NOOP" from the list of commands, and click "Remove."
It looks like you can also click "disable" under the "Keep alive" setting.

No idea why it was set this way (under the "Favorites")....but it is. I do agree with the developer, a NOOP command is pretty standard for FTP, it shouldn't other the admin.