Password removal after session

How do I stop Smartftp from remembering my password after I log out?

Enable the "Don't save password on exit" checkbox in the favorite's settings.

Enable the "Don't save password on exit" checkbox in the favorite's settings.

Where is that? (I have version 2.0.999)

In the main menu, choose "Favorites" and locate the server you do not want to save the password for (Hint: Also look in the "Quick Connect" folder). Right-click on that item and choose "Properties" from the context menu. In the upcoming "Properties" window navigate to "General". On that pafe, there's a "Login" box which contains the "Don't save password on exit" checkbox.

Please give us feedback why you did not find this yourself, as we'd always like to improve the look & feel of SmartFTP.

In the main menu, choose "Favorites" and locate the server you do not want to save the password for (Hint: Also look in the "Quick Connect" folder). Right-click on that item and choose "Properties" from the context menu. In the upcoming "Properties" window navigate to "General". On that pafe, there's a "Login" box which contains the "Don't save password on exit" checkbox.

Please give us feedback why you did not find this yourself, as we'd always like to improve the look & feel of SmartFTP.

Thanks for the solution but I am amazad that you have to ask why I could not find it. I was looking for an item in Tools/Settings - seems the obvious place, however perhaps I misunderstand the most frequesnt use of SmartFTP. In my case it is to upload occasional website changes to the host, therefore password protection is very important.

A constructive criticism: the software does not seem to me to be very freindly to the occasional user. There are a lot of mysterious functions and buttons the use of which is not at all obvious (same goes for this forum). Most good software in my experience is easy and intuitive to use in a basic way, with more detailed functions hidden from view to be found by the more experienced user.

Anyway, thanks for your guidance.

I was looking for an item in Tools/Settings - seems the obvious place, however perhaps I misunderstand the most frequesnt use of SmartFTP.
The one concept you need to understand in order to be able to better utilize SmartFTP is that there are "two kinds of settings": Settings that are global, and settings that make sense to be adjustable per site / favorite. Here is an example: Whether SmartFTP should minimize to tray or not is certainly a global setting and thus located under "Tools" -> "Settings". On the other hand, whether SmartFTP should save login data makes sense to be adjustable per site, so you'll find this option in the favorite's settings. Moreover, some favorite settings can be derived from the corresponding global setting (if there is one), so you do not have to adjust this setting for every favorite if all favorites have it set to the same option.

A constructive criticism: the software does not seem to me to be very freindly to the occasional user.
You're right, SmartFTP is a very powerful client with many options, and it does not do a very good job at hiding its complexity. Maybe this could be changed in a future version simply by different default toolbars / buttons, so that the interface does not look so crowded.

There are a lot of mysterious functions and buttons the use of which is not at all obvious (same goes for this forum).
True, when we were switching from phpBB I had a few problems first, too, but as with SmartFTP vs other clients, this forum software is so much more powerful (or at least are powerful features easier to access). This makes it worth the effort of getting the software to know better. If phpBB wasn't so wide spread, you would probably find it difficult to use, too.