I LOST my homepage

I don't know much about FTP. all i know is that i have been using SmartFTP for over six months and have never had a problem. i was trying to update my home page, and used the same exact method that i always do (right click and choose upload-direct-select-file.) instead of updating the page, it was lost and now all i get is this white screen:
http://www.tallahasseerollergirls.com/home.html
i have tried to upload the page a dozen times and am getting no results. i have included the logfile below (i don't even know if i included the right info, but i hope that you guys who know this technical stuff will understand!)
please tell me how to get my home page back and how not to have this happen again. and PLEASE use very simple language. i have a very basic knowledge of coding/ftp and am just self-taught using google.
thanks so much for the help!
terminatrix

[11:56:54] NOOP
[11:56:55] 200 NOOP command successful.
[11:57:42] Remote file exist check: "home.html".
[11:57:42] SIZE home.html
[11:57:42] 550 home.html: The system cannot find the file specified.
[11:57:42] File size check (SIZE) failed. File not found or permission denied.
[11:57:42] PASV
[11:57:42] 227 Entering Passive Mode (71,4,87,150,14,23).
[11:57:42] Opening data connection to 71.4.87.150 Port: 3607
[11:57:42] STOR home.html
[11:57:42] 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
[11:57:43] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
[11:57:43] 14336 bytes transferred. (28.8 KB/s) (485 ms)
[11:57:43] 426 Connection closed; transfer aborted.
[11:57:43] MDTM 20061008155034 home.html
[11:57:43] 550 20061008155034 home.html: The system cannot find the file specified.
[11:57:43] Transfer failed.
[11:58:34] NOOP
[11:58:34] 200 NOOP command successful.
[11:59:25] NOOP
[11:59:25] 200 NOOP command successful.

i keep trying and trying, hoping it will work. something has changed.
now when i try and upload the new home.html file, it asks if i want to overwrite the current file (which i am used to) but the difference is, that it says the current file to overwrite is 0 bytes in size.
also, i don't even see the home.html file it is referring to in my page file list. WTH!?!?
this is frustrating. please help me! i am running a website for an orgaization, not just myself, and i don't wanna let these girls down!
Terminatrix

i have been going back through pages and pages of this forum to see if anyone else had this problem and if they got a response about how to fix it. it seems that others having the problem with uploading aren't getting much response, either. is it becuase noone knows how to resolve this issue? i am going to have to stop trying now and leave my home page in this "white page" state because i have things to take care of away from this chair i've been sitting in for 4 hours. i hope that when i return to the forum tomorrow, someone will have helped me figure out what to do to fix this. If not, i might just find it easier to switch to another ftp (which sux cause i really liked SmartFTP up until this point.)
thanks in advance to anyone who can respond to this issue. (since i won't be online to thank you right
away.)
Terminatrix

i keep trying and trying, hoping it will work. something has changed.
now when i try and upload the new home.html file, it asks if i want to overwrite the current file (which i am used to) but the difference is, that it says the current file to overwrite is 0 bytes in size.
also, i don't even see the home.html file it is referring to in my page file list. WTH!?!?
this is frustrating. please help me! i am running a website for an orgaization, not just myself, and i don't wanna let these girls down!
Terminatrix

It's possible that SERVER is out of order. Try uploading with Internet Explorer or any other ftp software. If it works than report it (smartftp error), else there is something wrong on ftp server.

one last thing,
i tried to upload the page one more time before i walk away, then clicked on my website and instead of "the page cannot be displayed" i got this:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <!-- TransferQueueItems
-->
- <Root>
- <Items>
<Version>1</Version>
</Items>
</Root>

interesting, no? of course as a very basic coder, i have no idea what this means.
anyone?
~T

okay, but how do i do that? i am desperate here and it almost weems like it would be easier to just download a new FTP program and start all over. i like this program, and don't wanna do that, but i just can't let my website be offline for this long!
thanks,
Terminatrix

Hey Terminatrix

I was curious do you know how large your home page was before you sent it? Do you have a copy of it somewhere? If so right-click it and let me know how large the file was befroe you sent it. If you have a backup of it, put a copy in a folder and upload it to the server you want it at and the move it to the directory it needs to be in, if it uploaded properly.

Goose