Basic Question

I know that this is such a basic question BUT I'm a bit thick. I have been asked by my webspace host to type in my FTP username and FTP password so that they can insert some HTML for a new FORM that has to be done before a certain date. WHERE DO I FIND MY SmartFTP username and password. Is it simple what's up in the top left hand corner of the FTP page when opened?

THICKO Henstooth

Ta

We are not wizards, we can't know the login and password to a unknown ftp server.

We are not wizards, we can't know the login and password to a unknown ftp server.

Nice SMART reply. Very helpfull. I came on this forum for help not wit. If my request was read correctly it's clear to see that I ask WHERE WOULD I FIND IT, not what it was! I ask again, "Is it where I think it is on the Smartftp, top left hand corner?"

Not here, we can't give information of for example your credit card, you must search the answer to your question on your ftp server support, and exactly where it's unknown for me.

Not here, we can't give information of for example your credit card, you must search the answer to your question on your ftp server support, and exactly where it's unknown for me.

I understand what you are saying. This is the forum for Smartftp is it not? A place to come to for answers to questions about using Smartftp?. I only want to know where, on the Smartftp page (the actual FTP page where I transfere my files) where my FTP username is. Is it the text in the LOGIN box? or is it somewhere else?I don't expect you to tell me my login name, account name or password or even my credit card details as you won't have them and wouldn't be able to find them out but you, or someone out there might know where my FTP USERNAME for Smartftp is.

Thanks.

I know I said I was thick (ignorant about Smartftp and in need of some help) but do you really think I was THAT STUPID thinking you would know my personal details.