Negative value in file size field

I'm using the SmartFTP client v2.0.997 to get a file (around 3.0GB) from a FTP server.

The SmartFTP showed me a negative value (-1041268736) in the file size field. When I tried to get that file, the download hanged after receiving only 311296 bytes.

I can download that file successfully with both FileZilla v2.2.26a and CuteFTP Pro 8.

Is the a problem of SmartFTP or I missed something?

The negative value is probably returned by your FTP server. But without a log and a raw directory listing it's only a guess. Use the Transfer Queue for your transfers.

Regards,
SmartFTP

I'm not sure if this is a problem of smartFTP, anyway, when I cleared the "Use MLSD if available" checkbox in Tools > Settings > Transfer. The SmartFTP client shows me the correct file size.

Hope it helps!

Thanks a lot!

It looks like the MLSD output from the server is returning negative values. You could report the bug to the publisher/developer of the FTP server software.

Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP

As I stated in Post #1, I got no problems if I connected to the same FTP server using both FileZilla v2.2.26a and CuteFTP Pro 8.

It seems just a compatibility problem, at least there is a setting in your program to get it fixed.

Thanks!

It's only a theory, but it's very likely that FileZilla v2.2.26a and CuteFTP Pro 8 are ussing list instead MLSD and because that they don't show the bug of the ftp server with MLSD.

Aokromes's guess is correct. CuteFTP and FileZilla do not use the usually superior MLSD by default.

Regards,
-Mat