Cannot login.

Smart FTP was working fine, but now I can't log in. I get the same message over and over:

Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
Continue to login attempt 8...
sfFTPLib is not licensed.
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
Continue to login attempt 9...
sfFTPLib is not licensed.
And so on.

I am a retired person using Smart FTP to maintain a personal (genealogy) website with absolutely no commercial purpose; so I think I am entitled to use Smart FTP for free. Do I need to purchase a license?

Thanks for suggestions and help.

Hello ..

Pleaes install the latest version from
https://www.smartftp.com/download

What operating system are you using?

Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP

I am a retired person using Smart FTP to maintain a personal (genealogy) website with absolutely no commercial purpose; so I think I am entitled to use Smart FTP for free.
Entitled? As in "it's your right and SmartFTP is 'owed' to you?" That kind of entitled?

We're bloody lucky these folks have made it available for free. Even at $37, it's still very inexpensive compared to WSFTP Personal Edition, which is $70.

I just started using SmartFTP yesterday and am testing it. I like what I see so far and I'll be using it only for my church and humane society web-sites; both are not-for-profit. I'll register it anyway to encourage further development.

And I don't have a lot of income, either...in fact, zero. I am unemployed. But these folks deserve credit and cash for what they've done.

Entitled? Sheeeesh...

I'm having the same exact problem; I'll try that.

I'm using Win 98 SE if it helps, if you can help me run it down would be appreated if that doesn't work.

[Edit] That fix worked. Thank you!

Entitled? As in "it's your right and SmartFTP is 'owed' to you?" That kind of entitled?

We're bloody lucky these folks have made it available for free.

Sorry, I made a poor choice of wording. I didn't mean "entitled" in that way at all and I agree that it is very kind of the SmartFTP company to offer this product for free. I really meant "entitled" as in "is it OK for me to use this for free or have I misunderstood something?" I also appreciate the free help from SmartFTP staff. Best wishes for success with the Church and Humane Society work and thank you for drawing my attention to my poor choice of words.

Ooooooooooooo! nice people on this forum. At least they reply nicely.