Can't login anything!

I've been trying and trying to get SmartFTP to work right. I can't get it to login on my favorite sites, including my web page I write *looks disgusted* (This is 250free's ftp mind you.)

What could be wrong? What can I set up so it will work correctly and not give me this crap? WS_FTP Home (which I promptly uninstalled) does login properly, but why isn't this?

I started using SmartFTP yesterday. I had this same problem occur with one of the sites I was attempting to update. SmartFTP worked fine with all my other sites, except one. However, WS_FTP worked fine. I restarted SmartFTP and it worked fine with that site. I changed nothing in SmartFTP nor on the site. I think it has to do with clearing the smartFTP cache.

I've been trying and trying to get SmartFTP to work right. I can't get it to login on my favorite sites, including my web page I write *looks disgusted* (This is 250free's ftp mind you.)

What could be wrong? What can I set up so it will work correctly and not give me this crap? WS_FTP Home (which I promptly uninstalled) does login properly, but why isn't this?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey.... try switching between passive mode, and active mode. Also... be sure that the server address is correct. I've had sites tell me what the ftp address is, and then couldn't log in. some sites need the " ftp. " infront of the server address, and some don't. look at the readout as it's trying to log in... if it says connected to server, cannot login. then you know it's either your user name or password that's wrong. If it says " cannot connect to server" then it might be your server address wrong. try those things. good luck.