An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

I am using SmartFTP V2.0.996. Since upgrading from version 1, It seams that any large upload aborts at exactly 10 minutes into the upload, regardless of the receiving FTP site or the number of bytes transferred. Is this some restriction or is there some setting I need to change to prevent this?

Thanks

The is no such restriction in the free version of SmartFTP. Have you changed your router recently? I have seen such behavior with FTP servers behind Netgear routers and NAT port forwarding.

Hello,

I am getting the message :An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

I am running windows XP Pro

Heres what I have done to try to correct the problem so far:

made sure the xp firewall is disabled.

made sure my norton firewall allows smartftp to connect

I upped the connection time out to 60

I also switched the data connection mode.

I have read the help section, the forums, and the smartftp knowledge base.

I have used smartftp recently, have upgraded and purchesde this program so I am not using it as freeware.

Im not sure what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and be well.

respectfully,

Dave Naughton

yessir, those fixes were attempted as well.

I am able to connect to the smartftp site. the only thing that I havent done is uninstall and reinstall. like I stated earlier, I had been able to use this program with no problems, not sure why now Im not able to connect to an ip address.

I've been having the same problem. Here's my log:

[11:11:50] SmartFTP v2.0.996.31
[11:11:51] Resolving host name "logan.exofire.net"
[11:11:51] Connecting to 64.92.165.74 Port: 21
[11:11:52] Connected to logan.exofire.net.
[11:11:53] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[11:11:53] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[11:11:53] Server closed connection

It was working fine for the first few weeks, but less than a week ago, this error started occurring.

eyebex, i have this same problem and i have a Netgear router, is there a specific port that i need to forward to fix this. Thanks.

All these problems are caused by a misconfigured software firewall (Norton, Zonealarm, Mcafee, etc).
For more information please see the following article:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/conn ... d-f58.html
Section: Software Firewall

Regards,
SmartFTP

ok, then it must be something else because none of that stuff works. i guess i'll keep looking for a different thread about my problem.

I also have a similar problem, but as far as I can tell it seems to be something wrong with my computer setup - I just don't know what it is?

[08:43:58] SmartFTP v2.0.1000.1
[08:43:58] Resolving host name "XXX"
[08:43:58] Connecting to XXX Port: 21
[08:43:59] Connected to XXX.
[08:43:59] 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.4)
[08:43:59] AUTH TLS
[08:43:59] 234 Proceed with negotiation.
[08:43:59] Connected. Exchanging encryption keys...
[08:44:00] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[08:44:00] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[08:44:00] Server closed connection

It works fine if I try connecting to it using (for example) the ftp-ssl program in Linux, but no other FTP client on this system works...

basked: Your problem is unrelated to the first one. Make sure the server side is correctly configured and that you are using a client cert in SmartFTP. Settings->Connection->SSL.

-Mat

basked: Your problem is unrelated to the first one. Make sure the server side is correctly configured and that you are using a client cert in SmartFTP. Settings->Connection->SSL.

Hi mb, thanks for replying (and I'm sorry if I'm hijacking this thread ) The server side is, as far as I know, still configured the same as it's been for the past few months when SmartFTP worked on connecting to the server. I've tried connecting with and without a client cert and that doesn't seem to make any difference.

The only thing I can think of is that a while ago I did an upgrade from XP SP2 to Vista RC2 and maybe that might have changed something? SmartFTP would connect fine before on XP, and after I upgraded, I reinstalled it to see if that would make any difference, but it doesn't seem like it did...

Hello ..

We have tested SmartFTP on Windows Vista RTM and we haven't found any problems with SSL/TLS. As far as I recall we didn't have any problems on RC2 as well. As a conclusion I don't think the problem is caused by SmartFTP.

Regards,
-Mat