I new to the program and have some questions

1. what excactly can you do with with the program?

2. vidoes/ In those videos, in the first one, it says connect. It asks for somethings like: Host/server - user/ login - password - port.

2.1Why do I need my host/server, and where can i find it? What should I do with it?

2.2 Login from where?

2.3 Password from where?

2.4 What id the port and why do i need it?

3. Where can I find a host? It says that I need a host to write like "ftp.myhost.com" What it my host?

4. This question maybe related to all the other questions.. when im in the program, and i click the connections thing (where it says the connections) it stays as "connecting" and the speed chart doesn't show anything.

Please answer what you can. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

SmartFTP follows the FTP protocol to transfer files from your computer to a remote host, for that you need to know the host, the username and the password, your host can be for example the ftp server where you go to upload your webpage, there are tons of webhosters with free ftp access for their customers. For the 4th of course, if you have tryed to connect to a unexisting host.

SmartFTP follows the FTP protocol to transfer files from your computer to a remote host, for that you need to know the host, the username and the password, your host can be for example the ftp server where you go to upload your webpage, there are tons of webhosters with free ftp access for their customers. For the 4th of course, if you have tryed to connect to a unexisting host.
Can you give me a link to a free webhoster please? When you say that I need to know the username and password,does that mean that i need to have an account in the web hoster im using?

Well, usualy your Internet provider gives free webpage hosting with ftp access try sending a mail to their staff.

Well, usualy your Internet provider gives free webpage hosting with ftp access try sending a mail to their staff.
I got my login and pasword from a free web hoster. I don't know if it is normal, but in the connection chart, it still says "connecting"... how can I solve that?