Upgrade

What is the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit.

Does it cost again to download and upgrade the new version?

The 64-bit version only runs under Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and makes use of the advantages that a 64-bit OS provides. A single license works with both versions.

The 64-bit version only runs under Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and makes use of the advantages that a 64-bit OS provides. A single license works with both versions.

Thanks, is there another fee for the upgrade or is an upgrade included in the orriginal cost?

Which "upgrade" do you mean? There is not upgrade from "SmartFTP 32-bit" to "SmartFTP 64-bit", because these are different products (in the marketing sense, of course the look & feel is the same). Again, with a single SmartFTP license you can use either product.

New minor builds (of both the 32-bit and 64-bit version) come out every other day. After a reasonable amount of minor builds, users are notified that there's a new version. Whether that version works with you current license or if you require an update depends on the maintenance plan you've purchased with your license. By default, maintenance is 1 year, meaning that you get every build / update for free that is released within a year from the date of your purchase. If your maintenance has expired, you can either choose to stick with the last version that runs with your license, or to buy a maintenance upgrade, which will again enable you to use any builds / updates that come out within the time frame you've purchased.

PS: If you are a licensed customer, please enter your license ID into your forum profile.

Hello John ..

I looked up your license key in the database and the latest update is included in maintenance of your license key.

Regards,
-Mat

Hello John ..

I looked up your license key in the database and the latest update is included in maintenance of your license key.

Regards,
-Mat
Thanks for all the help. Sorry for being such a newbee.

For some reason when I opened SmartFTP it asked whether or not I wanted to buy it. ? I downloaded the 32bit program but didn't run it.

I reinstalled the product key and it's back and running again.

Thanks again