Open remote browser in existing window

I have several FTP sites. When I close one and open another I want my local folder and remote folder to open in the same windows that are already open. There is an option to open the local folder in the existing window but I haven't figured out how to get the remote folder to do the same. When I close the old remote folder, the new one comes up on top of the local folder, I have to select a new vertical tab group to get them split up again. Then the remote folder comes up on the left instead of the right where I want it. Once upon a time I had it working like I liked it, but I've reinstalled and forgotten what I did...
Can anybody help me out here?
Thanks.

Menu "Window->Auto Layout"

Menu "Window->Auto Layout"
Thankya kindly... that did the trick.

Thankya kindly... that did the trick.
Ooops... wait. That DID fix it so that both windows come up in the right place and on top, but the tabs for the old remote brosers just keep building up. Of course they can be closed but ideally the only browsers I want open are the ones I'm using. So it still isn't opening the new remote browser in the existing window. It's just opening a new browser but putting it on top.
As I said before, in Favorites, properties, under Local there's an option to Open in existing LocalBrowser.
I'd like to replicate that with the remote browser and do away with the extra tabs.

First of all, there is no way to "reuse" the remote window, you can only close a remote window and open another one (which, if it happens quickly, looks like reusing the old remote window). This is because each remote view potentiall represents a different server, whereas the local window always represents your local machine, so the local window can be reused by just jumping to another directory.

That said, what you want is a favorite option to close all remote views when that favorite is selected, right? This way, clicking on a favorite which is configured accordingly will replace any other open windows.

First of all, there is no way to "reuse" the remote window, you can only close a remote window and open another one (which, if it happens quickly, looks like reusing the old remote window). This is because each remote view potentiall represents a different server, whereas the local window always represents your local machine, so the local window can be reused by just jumping to another directory.

That said, what you want is a favorite option to close all remote views when that favorite is selected, right? This way, clicking on a favorite which is configured accordingly will replace any other open windows.
Yes, that's right. I can't really understand why anyone would want the previous server's windows to remain on the screen, unless maybe they were working on two sites at once maybe.

Please file a feature request in the appropriate forum for a "Close existing Remote Browsers" (or similar) option in the favorite settings.

Why not create a workspace for the Favorites Site? Workspace are designed for thinks like this, it closes all open windows and restore the windows you are used for this workspace so i think workspace would be the solution!

Why not create a workspace for the Favorites Site? Workspace are designed for thinks like this, it closes all open windows and restore the windows you are used for this workspace so i think workspace would be the solution!
Hey, that works good! It took me a while to figure it out but I got it done.
Now I can just open a workspace instead of a Favorite.
Thanks!

However, if you always want this behavior, adding a workspace for each favorite can be quite cumbersome ;-)

However, if you always want this behavior, adding a workspace for each favorite can be quite cumbersome ;-)
Yep. But it'll work till something better comes along. I made the request you suggested.
Thanks.