Too many Connections problem

After I downloaded Smart FTP for the first time ever yesterday it let me use it 8 times then it wouldn't connect back up and said my IP had too many (8) connections.

So after 8 connections I have to completely uninstall the program then reinstall it. Then I can use it 8 more times before having to uninstall and reinstall again..........

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, you are doing something wrong. There is no need to un- / reinstall SmartFTP all the time. Most FTP server admins set a connection limit for their server, so users don't waste resources by opening tons of simultaneous connections to the same server. In your case, this limit is 8, meaning you cannot open more than 8 connections od "remote views" to that server. If you share your login data with other users, it might also be that you yourself have only one connection open, but 7 other users occupy the other connections. So the solution simply is to open just 1 connection to that server, and to retry later if even that single connection is refused due to a connection limit.