Serious problem - I need help please

I used SmartFTP to quickly download a backup of my website to my desktop computer. This was my first time using smartFTP. After downloading, I found I could no longer go to my own website. My PC would try connecting to server, etc then come up with a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" page. I then got on my laptop and connected to my site perfectly. I have renewed my IP etc on my desktop, but can no longer go to my site... It has been this way for a week and was not like this before I used smartFTP. My computer is set up to receive and accept all cookies, etc. from my site. It has to do with something related to smartFTP and I really need to get it back so that I am able to go to my website from my computer. Please help if you can. Thank you very much,
Matt

Sorry but SmartFTP not changes your system in any way that you not longer can connect to your website.

Sorry but SmartFTP not changes your system in any way that you not longer can connect to your website.
Well, it was smartFTP that did this and I am asking for help to fix the problem, not someone to say "Sorry..."

As i say SmartFTP changes nothing on your system configuration or other things related to you network! I not known what is wrong on your system, check your network settings etc... try to connect to other sites to make sure your network config is correct, if you use a router make sure it is correct configured.

As i say SmartFTP changes nothing on your system configuration or other things related to you network! I not known what is wrong on your system, check your network settings etc... try to connect to other sites to make sure your network config is correct, if you use a router make sure it is correct configured.
It it all correctly set, and yes, it was smartftp that has made this error.

I close here!