server idle

After getting everything else to work right and getting everything in the right folders from the tutorial, I noticed the server is idle and i cant see where to get it to change to active.
Im not sure if its just something i havent clicked or to do with the sever (123-reg.co.uk). It says smartFTP has connected to the server...

[18:55:31] Connected to hosting6.123-reg.co.uk.

but it's status is still idle.

I would be very greatful for any help

Idle means only that there is no transfer in progress but the connection still exists.

Idle means only that there is no transfer in progress but the connection still exists.

Thanks for that Mike, but can you guide me to how to get it to transfer, we have done everything we think to get it online but with no luck The message always ends up as idle.

Sorry but i not known what you want to do?

Sorry but i not known what you want to do?

All i want to do is get an opening page for my business onto my site, at present we have a holding page done through 123-reg

Update: Ive managed to work out a few problems and where we was going wrong but now the main problem is to locate this public_html. I dont know where to look or if i have to create it and how to create it if i do. i tried googling it with no success.

If i could get help with this i would be very grateful