Problems with FTP transfers after upgarding to 2.0

For about 2 months now I have been unable to get smartftp to connect to my website. I then tried internet explorer ftp and it would always try to connect aynomusly, (todayI thought of the following) I had to click on file tab and click "login as" to get it to connect. So, the problem with smartftp, I'm guessing, is that it will not let me switch off the aynomous ftp. Now, you nay ask, why mention this? Well I didn't have this problem till I upgraded from smartftp 1.5 to 2.0. So, my question is this, could something have been changed in my port settings when I upgraded to smartftp 2.0 that is affecting my ability to do FTP transfers?

The reason I think that something is wrong with my ability to ftp transfer, (by the way, this is just on my laptop, smartftp 2.0 works fine on my desktop), is that I was trying to upload some files today using various ftp programs, even my intergrated file upload program in my website itself, and all I would get is the file names, but no content, the file sizes would read 0kb. This all my be just coincidence, but it seems related.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate the help.

I just downloaded and installed the newest version, still same problem.
This is the log:
[18:16:27] SmartFTP v2.0.996.29
[18:16:27] Resolving host name "www.livingbiblically.org"
[18:16:27] Connecting to 66.235.193.155 Port: 21
[18:16:27] Connected to www.livingbiblically.org.
[18:16:28] 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
[18:16:28] 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
[18:16:28] 220-Local time is now 16:16. Server port: 21.
[18:16:28] 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

It stops here and never fully connects, it never shows my files on my website.

For about 2 months now I have been unable to get smartftp to connect to my website. I then tried internet explorer ftp and it would always try to connect aynomusly, (todayI thought of the following) I had to click on file tab and click "login as" to get it to connect. So, the problem with smartftp, I'm guessing, is that it will not let me switch off the aynomous ftp. Now, you nay ask, why mention this? Well I didn't have this problem till I upgraded from smartftp 1.5 to 2.0. So, my question is this, could something have been changed in my port settings when I upgraded to smartftp 2.0 that is affecting my ability to do FTP transfers?

The reason I think that something is wrong with my ability to ftp transfer, (by the way, this is just on my laptop, smartftp 2.0 works fine on my desktop), is that I was trying to upload some files today using various ftp programs, even my intergrated file upload program in my website itself, and all I would get is the file names, but no content, the file sizes would read 0kb. This all my be just coincidence, but it seems related.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate the help.