Moving file to directory above WITHOUT tree view

Hi,

Seems like a great application, but one sorely missed feature from FileZilla is pretty much killing my face in. Basically, I want to be able to

Hi, you can use cut and paste for that.

I can't seem to do that in remote view. I can't even find a cut command for that matter

Hello ..

They copy&paste as suggested by aok should work. Do you have the latest version installed?
https://www.smartftp.com/download

You can go back to the parent folder with the Backspace key or if you were coming from the parent folder with the mouse back button.

I agree that you have a good argument for a "pseudo" parent folder.

BTW: How do you achieve the same task in Windows Explorer? I think it "misses" a pseudo parent folder as well.

Regards,
-Mat

Well, fair enough — the functionality being there or not is all I was really seeking. I'll revert to using FileZilla for the time being as it's something I've gotten too used to, and it seems excessively cumbersome to do it the copy/paste way in comparison.

Thanks anyway. I'm certainly not having a dig at the software; it's mostly a matter of preference.

Hello ..

They copy&paste as suggested by aok should work. Do you have the latest version installed?

Regards,
-Mat

I've got the latest version and 'copy & paste' doesn't work. When I right-click and choose 'copy' then click some place else and right-click ... 'paste' is not highlighted as an option.

Vardiss

FTP does not support copying files remotely (you can work around this using FXP to the same server). So if you "Copy" a file using the contect menu or Ctrl-C, you can only paste it to a local folder or a different remote server, which is why the "Paste" option is grayed out for remote destinations on the same server.