"Reuse Existing Connection" not working?

@mb
You previously stated that you did not understand my description of the problem, so I'll try to be a little bit more detailed.

First, you'll want to know that my FTP server uses standard explicit SSL encryption and requires this encryption for all connections.

Second, I configure SmartFTP so that passwords are never saved. When I connect to a site, I go to "Favorites" and I click the entry. A dialog appears which asks for my password and gives me the option to save the password, but I do not check this option.

Third, once connected, I drag and drop a folder from the remote browser to the "Temporary Queue" window. From there, I right click the folder and go to Local >> Select Folder. I pick a folder for the folder & files to be saved to, and click OK. At this point, the folder has been moved to the Transfer Queue window. I right click the queue entry and click "Show Log". This allows me to see why the transfer is constantly in a retry state. Below, you will find the log.
[11:44:34] SmartFTP v2.0.996.28

[11:44:34] Resolving host name "my.domain.net"

[11:44:34] Connecting to 1.1.1.1 Port: 1337

[11:44:34] Connected to my.domain.net.

[11:44:34] 220 Gene6 FTP Server v3.7.0  (Build 24) ready...

[11:44:34] AUTH TLS

[11:44:34] 234 AUTH command ok; starting SSL connection.

[11:44:34] Connected. Exchanging encryption keys...

[11:44:34] Session Cipher: 128 bit RC4

[11:44:34] TLS encrypted session established.

[11:44:34] PBSZ 0

[11:44:34] 200 PBSZ=0

[11:44:34] USER UserName

[11:44:34] 331 Password required for UserName.

[11:44:34] PASS (hidden)

[11:44:37] 530 Login or Password incorrect.
As you can see, the transfer is constantly failing because it's trying to create its own control connection, when it shouldn't be doing this.

Fourth, I went to Settings and checked if "Reuse Existing Connection" was enabled. It was checked by default apparently, so I did not have to enable it manually. The program is using all default settings, I have not modified any settings at all. The version number, if you want to know it, is clearly stated in the log text.

If you could kindly tell me why this isn't working, I would greatly appreciate it. I hope I've been detailed enough. If you need any more information, please ask!

Take care.

>Second, I configure SmartFTP so that passwords are never saved. When I connect to a site, I go to "Favorites" and I click the entry. A dialog appears which asks for my password and gives me the option to save the password, but I do not check this option

You have to check the option to save the password in the username/password dialog. In the Favorite Item setting, there is another option which you should check "Don't save password on exit".

Please purchase a license before you post to this forum again.

Thank you.
Regards,
SmartFTP