Directories trashed, files shown many times

I am having serious problems getting SmartFTP to display the files and directories in some sites that I manage.
For some reason the program displays up to 4 of the same file and up to 4 of the same directory. Directories within a site and within a folder are all out displayed as if it were all the one directory. Now that it has started displaying like that I can't do a thing with the site. I had to download and run WS_FTP just so I could continue to work.
When this bug first appeared I found that I was locked out of the site. My ISP had to let me back in and his comment was that somehow I had deleted the user settings file. Wish I knew how that had happened as up to then I had not deleted any files let alone the user files.

Anyways, I can send a screen grab/logs (if I knew how this Forum wants them) which can do a better job of explaining things than I can.

Version: 2.0.996
Server is running Linux

Hoping you can help clear up this frustration.

Cheers, Ian

Post a session log and raw directory listing (search the forum / knowledge base how to do that if you are unsure).

Disable the -R (Recursive switch) in the Directory Listing Options which can be found in the Settings -> Transfer dialog.
This option is disabled by default.

Please purchase a license when requesting support.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Disable the -R (Recursive switch) in the Directory Listing Options which can be found in the Settings -> Transfer dialog. This option is disabled by default.
Many thanks for the help. That quickly resolved the problem. I had forgotten that I had selected that option and the onset of the messed up display.
Cheers, Ian