really need proffesional help!

HI

Have been stuck on this for a while and cannot get it solved, despite plenty of advice from all corners including server provider, McAfee and Smartftp customer service.

I keep getting this message, when trying to get onto my website. It has been a problem since installing McAfee, but no amount of disabling firewalls or other virus scan aplications seems to do the magic. I have also added the ip address to trusted sites, switched off windows firewall and ticked the ftp box in systems service on the personal firewall page

message reads:

[14:31:38] SmartFTP v2.0.996.12
[14:31:38] Resolving host name "urbanoutline.co.uk"
[14:31:38] Connecting to 66.98.206.44 Port: 21
[14:31:38] Connected to urbanoutline.co.uk.
[14:31:38] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[14:31:38] Server closed connection

Please help, it's driving me bonkers!

regards

Liselotte

Hi, there is no need of open 3 diferent threads for one question, from your 1st post now the ftp site works for me, why it don't works for you i don't know, try using the command line ftp (ftp.exe) to see if it connects, if it don't it's very likely to be or configuration issue or routing problem, also you can try to raise the connection timeout to 60s.

which command line do you mean for the ftp.exe?

rgds

liselotte

Start->Run->Cmd, then ftp urbanoutline.co.uk

my command box says 'connected to urbanoutline.co.uk, connections closed...,' the box disappears so fast I can't catch the rest
liselotte