Stopping automatic login

How do I stop automatic login when opening SmartFTP? I did do a search on this subject, but the only post that addressed it directly got nasty, the topic was locked, plus the info link provided by the administrator was broken.

thanks!

The only match? As answered via PM, just search for "+auto +connect" in all forums and you'll get plenty of matches telling you to turn "Restore Workspace" off.

The only match? As ansewred via PM, just search fpr "+auto +connect" in all forums and you'll get plenty of matches telling you to turn "Restore Workspace" off.

Oh, you're right...I should have used the plusses (just like searching on ebay or web).

What I meant was that I got all these results for automatic login..And only one of the topic titles related directly to that subject. The rest all were about other subjects, although "automatic" and/or "login" were probably part of the text of the assorted posts.

In any event, I wanted to turn off the auto-login because I was concerned about security - hackers working their way through my broadband connection and manipulating/using info in my webspace the same way they can get into my computer space..

Also concerned about someone accessing the space through my laptop if they get access to it. Is this something to be concerned about? If not, then I'll probably keep the auto-login on, because it's such a convenience. What do most other users do?

Is everyone in this forum getting on your nerves with their questions? You seem a bit jumpy.

What do you do to relax? Try knitting, or sailing...something non-computer related.

Well, whatever, thanks for the info!

Also concerned about someone accessing the space through my laptop if they get access to it. Is this something to be concerned about? If not, then I'll probably keep the auto-login on, because it's such a convenience. What do most other users do?
Depends on how easy minded you deal with your laptop ;-) If you are concerned about security, you can also turn off saving passwords for each favorite item in the favorite settings under "General". Then you can turn on "Restore Workspace" again, and if such a remote site is restored on startup, you will be prompted for the password.

Is everyone in this forum getting on your nerves with their questions? You seem a bit jumpy.
I'm only jumpy on people who ask the same questions over and over again without searching the forums first or just having a quick look at the SmartFTP settings themselves, and then posting both a forum post *and* PM because they cannot stand to wait for an answer <wink> ;-)

If you want personal 24-hour support please consider a license :-)