Mouse cursor doesn't show up in remote window

Hi there,

When I drap & drop a file from the local file browser to the remote file browser, the mouse pointer disappears when I'm in the remote file browser window.

I will work, but it's annoying sometimes.

This issue was already reported a few times, but we were yet unable to reproduce it, and it also seemed to disappear subbently for the people who reported it so far. If you can reliably reproduce it, please post all the tech info we need (System Information from About dialog etc.).

I'm doing nothing special, as far as I know.
The problem is there when you use tabs, but also with the classic windows.
The mouse just disappears when you pass over the remote window.
It only happens when you tranfer one file.
When you transfer more files the cursor is shown normally.
I hope this will help you!

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 1756 MHz
Total Memory : 261616 KB
Free Memory : 71852 KB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.0.995.14
Time Stamp : 2006-03-08 19:41:49
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.7.23
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.1

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.0.995.14

+- System DLL -------------------------
unicows.dll : 1.0.4018.0
shell32.dll : 6.00.2900.2763 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050922-1642)
shlwapi.dll : 6.00.2900.2781 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.051020-1730)
comctl32.dll : 6.0 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
riched20.dll : 5.30.23.1221
schannel.dll : 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 6.0.2900.2180

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Please post exact step-by-step instructions how to reproduce this. Be really detailed about from where (Local Browser, Windows Explorer etc.) you Drag & Drop to where (the remote tree view, the remote folder / file view etc.) and what your settings are (direct transfer for Drag & Drop, or queue transfer etc.).

My host is located in my favorites, so I choose my host from the menu "Favorites".
The remote window is opened at the top, I open the local window with CTRL+G which goes at the bottom.
It doesn't matter if you use the tabbed windows, or the classic windows. I will used the tabbed windows in this case, because then you are allowed to choose an auto-layout. I have the auto layout "Remote Top - Local Bottom" selected. Select one single file from the local listview and drag it to the local list view to transfer it. You will see a "not allowed" sign when you are moving over the "status dialog" (the richEdit box), but when you enter the remote listview the mousepointer is gone. But.. when you do select more then one file to transfer from the local listview to the remote listview the mouse cursor will not disappear. The expected mouse cursor with plus-sign shows up. Only when I want to transfer one single file the mouse cursor is not shown anymore when you are moving over the remote listview.

Another strange behavior is when you are dragging with one single file from the local listview, over the left part of the "status area" (richedit) to the remote folder view. When you enter the remote folderlist, the mouse enters the remote folderlist on the half. When you move back when you're on the half of the folderlist with one single local file selected, you will enter the "status area" instead of moving over the other half of the folder view. It's a bit difficult to explain, but I hope you will understand it. When you try to drag multiple local files to the remote folder view it also works as expected again.

I hope this is clear to you, and I hope my English is understandable
If you have any further questions, please reply.