Remote browser no longer refreshes after upload?

Hello there

I am hoping that someone can help me out here. I have used SmartFTP for years because I like the availability to have the remote browser. Before I upgraded to the latest version, after transferring files the remote folder would refresh. It would also refresh after moving files from one remote folder to another remote folder. Now they do not. I am not sure if it is no longer an available function or if it is a setting that I have that needs to be adjusted. Either way - please help me fix this issue. I use an FTP all day long for work as a medical transcriptionist and move thousands of files each and every day. Hitting the refresh key after each transfer is getting on my nerves and eating into my production time, things are getting missed because I don't see them there, etc.

If this is no longer available at all - then how can I get back my old version. Beginning to wish that I had not upgraded.

Thanks!

Robin Hall

The remote view is not automatically refreshed anymore when using the global queue for transfers ... press F5 manually instead.

The remote view is not automatically refreshed anymore when using the global queue for transfers ... press F5 manually instead.

Is there a way to turn that off - I don't use the queue screens, I just drag and drop things on the server from one folder to another and download/upload files directly.

Thanks!

There is no way to change that behavior. However, after direct transfers the folder is refreshed. At least for me it works.

There is no way to change that behavior. However, after direct transfers the folder is refreshed. At least for me it works.

Unfortunately for me it is no longer working after the upgrade. I have to manually hit refresh each time in order to see the new files or confirm that the files have been removed. I just want my old version back. It worked just like I needed it to. I have tried restoring the old version - but no luck. I wish now that I had never said yes to the upgrade.

It is odd that you said that there is no way to change that behavior. Something obviously changed it to make it act this way now - why would reversing that be such a problem. If I cannot get this resolved - guess I will go shopping for a new software to do what I need.

If you have another suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks again for your time......

Robin Hall

You said you are using drag & drop ... are you sure you have not specified "Queue" as the "Default Drag&Drop Operation" in the settings unter "General" -> "Navigation"? Because if you had done so, the queuw will be used for every Drag & Drop operation automatically, which would be why the remote view is not refreshed after an upload (because the upload is performed using the queue).
Are you a licensed customer after all? If so, please enter you License ID into your forum profile. In any case, there is absolutely no need to "threaten" us with you turning away from SmartFTP if we do not make it work the way you want. This is a free world, you know, just use another client then if you prefer.

Hi - thank you again for your help.

No, I do not have queue selected as the default drag and drop operation in my settings.

Yes, I am a real licensed customer after all. I am not 'threatening' anyone with anything. I purchased a perfectly fine piece of software online called Smart FTP. I have used it for years and been more than pleased with its performance. I am displeased with the upgrade and wish to return to my previous version v1.5.991 - but according to you it seems that I cannot. So am I threatening anyone? No - just voicing my opinion about the upgrade and asking for some assistance in working around a change - that seems to be what others before me have done in this very forum. But what does one do when they are unable to get a product - any product - to meet their needs any longer? They replace it. Believe me, I would much rather stay with what I have - just if it could work the way it used to. But if I cannot achieve that then I have to find something that is functional. I am now kicking myself for not spending the extra money and purchasing a CD of the software. Won't make that mistake again.

I am sorry to have stepped on your toes but rest assured that I am very thankful for your time, consideration, and assistance. Have a great day.

Robin Hall