uploading file - says its uploaded but file size is zero

Hi

I've just donwloaded Smartftp and have managed to upload half my files. For some reason now, when I upload a file, it seems to upload but the file size on the server is zero. Does anyone have any idea on what is happening here?

Thanks
Lee

Me again. The error I'm getting is "552 Transfer aborted. Disk quota exceeded"
Would this be something to do with the web space or is there a limit to what can be uploaded via Smartftp? Do I need to purchase Smartftp?

Thanks.

Hi

I've just donwloaded Smartftp and have managed to upload half my files. For some reason now, when I upload a file, it seems to upload but the file size on the server is zero. Does anyone have any idea on what is happening here?

Thanks
Lee
Me again. The error I'm getting is "552 Transfer aborted. Disk quota exceeded"
Would this be something to do with the web space or is there a limit to what can be uploaded via Smartftp? Do I need to purchase Smartftp?

Thanks.

Hi, no SmartFTP don't has any limits (well no real limits for current tecnologies) the error message is from server, it means you have used all your space on server.

I get this intermittently and I have loads of space on the server.....

I get this intermittently and I have loads of space on the server.....

*BUMP*

Anybody have any ideas? I am going to have to look for an alternative FTP program soon....

@michaelsowa:
Try lowering the MTU value in the registry (Google for some tool which can do this), e.g. from 1492 to 1454.

@leeollie:
Your error is as Aok described.

How do I upload an entire folder ? I am not able to select any folder as it immediately causes the folder to open and show the subfolder or the files under it.

Use drag & drop.

Thanks eyebex.I am using the 1.5.990 version.Does your advice also apply to 1.5.990 ?

v1.5 is no longer supported.

Update to the latest version before you post again.

Thanks
Regards,
SmartFTP