.ftpquota?

I can log in and everything.

I have a hostess. I log in with her domain:
ftp.dollie-coma.net
ftp@dollie-coma.net (tried both)

and my username:
username@dollie-coma.net
and my password, and it connects and all but then I just get a blank screen with one file. That file is

.ftpquota.

What is that?

I've never had problems with FTP before. Is it the FTP program, or my computer?

My hostess said that she had another friend sign onto FTP and she could do it just fine.

What do you expect to be there? I mean, it sounds to me as if everything is fine and there simply is just one file.

Well, there is supposed to be all my host's website files and folders and such and nothing is there.

I'm pretty sure you're just using the wrong account or something ... it's highly unlikely that there's a bug in SmartFTP that makes all but one file disappear. There are a few thing you may want to try, though, like playing around with the directory listing options (see the settings) or trying another FTP client to see if that one lists the files.

I'm using the account that she gave me. Exactly as she gave me it. I played around with directory settings. Didn't change a thing. I have tried another FTP client. I got the same results. I don't know what to do.

My hostess said that she had another friend sign onto FTP and she could do it just fine.
Maybe there is a misunderstanding between you and your hostess, and "she could do it just fine" refers to "she was able to log in", but not to "she could see all the files that you expect to be there".