can't upload an .exe file to my site

I am finding that I cannot upload an .exe file to my site. I am trying to make this item available to my site's users, and smartftp gives me this...(some lines cut out).

Remote file exist check: 'Honda_600_Dealer_Brochure.exe'.
SIZE Honda_600_Dealer_Brochure.exe

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226 Transfer complete.
17035 bytes transferred. (72.3 KB/s) (230 ms)
Transfer failed.

FYI, the .exe file is 3MB, though I cannot upload smaller ones either. Is there a setting that will allow the uploading of .exe files? I cannot find anything on the host side. Thanks!

I just discovered that I cannot upload .exe files using ANY ftp client - therefore the issue must be with my host company (hostonce.com). There is no tweak for this on their control panel - arrrrgh. Hey it's MY domain - how can they restrict me in this way??

I am finding that I cannot upload an .exe file to my site. I am trying to make this item available to my site's users, and smartftp gives me this...(some lines cut out).

Remote file exist check: 'Honda_600_Dealer_Brochure.exe'.
SIZE Honda_600_Dealer_Brochure.exe

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226 Transfer complete.
17035 bytes transferred. (72.3 KB/s) (230 ms)
Transfer failed.

FYI, the .exe file is 3MB, though I cannot upload smaller ones either. Is there a setting that will allow the uploading of .exe files? I cannot find anything on the host side. Thanks!

Does the upload really only fail for .exe files and work for others? That's really hard to believe. Anyways, you could try to rename the file before uploading (e.g. to *.dat) an rename it back on the server after upload.

Well I hate to say it but it turns out that my host co does not allow the uploading of .exe files (according to the fine print of my agreement). Sorry to take up the bandwidth here. I could try the renaming scheme eyebex came up with but that would just create havoc for my account down the road, no doubt.

Does the upload really only fail for .exe files and work for others? That's really hard to believe. Anyways, you could try to rename the file before uploading (e.g. to *.dat) an rename it back on the server after upload.