Transfer Failed Error

Whenever I attempt to upload a file from my PC to my website, SmartFTP (1.5.990) gives me a "Transfer Failed Error", apparently due to there being a file size mismatch error. The file *does* however transfer OK. The problem is when I select a batch of files for tranfer from the local browser window and drag them into the target window, the first file transfers OK, but gives the error and the batch aborts.

Note that if I transfer a file which has not been modified locally the error does not occur. The following is a trace of a failed upload of a single file.

Comments gratefully received:

Remote file exist check: 'default.html'.
SIZE default.html
213 5357
MDTM default.html
213 20060219190115
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (212,***,***,***,22,37).
Opening data connection to 212.***.***.*** Port: 5669
STOR default.html
125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
5358 bytes transferred. (104 KB/s) (50 ms)
226 Transfer complete.
SIZE default.html
213 5357
File size mismatch.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (212,***,***,***,22,41).
Opening data connection to 212.***.***.*** Port: 5673
LIST -aL
125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
226 Transfer complete.
3488 bytes transferred. (37.8 KB/s) (90 ms)
Transfer failed.

This is probably due to a buggy FTP server which returns the wrong file size in SIZE command (e.g. an old value from the cache, instead of the actual file size).

sounds like the same problem that i have been happening

here https://www.smartftp.com/forums/File-siz ... 10403.html

what is not clear... is why does it still not overwrite it even if it is a fifferent file size?

eyebex, you dont explain that?

other ways of ftp'ing still overwrites the file on the ftp server (even if it is buggy) even when they are different sizes

eyebex, you dont explain that?
No, because I don't have an answer to that. Probably the server tells SmartFTP that the transfer was successful although the file sizes mismatch, which confuses SmartFTP. But it really seems to be a server issue.

Def. server issue:

5358 bytes transferred. (104 KB/s) (50 ms)
226 Transfer complete.
SIZE default.html
213 5357

Please report the bug to the publisher of the server software. The Transfer Queue may work better in this situation.

-Mat