Won't recognize URL - help with DLInk router

When I type in my ftp address Smart FTP doesn't recognize it. I know it's not a problem with the address because when I type it into IE I get the prompt for my user id & password, which when I type in, logs in.

I saw another post that a person experienced a similar problem because they had a DLink router. I have one as well, but being a little new/dumb when it comes to these things I didn't understand what they did to rectify it. I have a DLink DI-514 model.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

You're probably just using the wrong URL syntax ... just type in "ftp.domain.com", no leading "ftp://" or the like, and enter your login details into to proper fields on the address bar.

I have the same problem (and I don't use a Dlink router) - When I try to logg in Smartftp keeps telling me that the URL of the ftp server or host is incomplete.
Can somebody help?

You're probably just using the wrong URL syntax ... just type in "ftp.domain.com", no leading "ftp://" or the like, and enter your login details into to proper fields on the address bar.

No, I had it typed in as you said with no success

i typed it in properly
ftp.hostname.com

I have the same problem here! 'Incomplete URL or host'

I know for sure the URL is ok so what's the problem with this software? Don't any of you Admin peeps know?

Please post a screenshot of the error. Also when requesting support it's expected that you post all necessary information (e.g. system information, detailed description of problem, etc). Without sufficient information nobody can or will help you.

Thanks
-Mat

I was echoing others having the same problem with no answer.

I am running Win98 on this machine and the detailed problem is how I stated. Type in the ftp address, user, password, hit go and get the error 'Incomplete URL or host'.

Here is the screenshot. I compressed it a bit so it isn't top quality.

Please enter "21" (without the quotes) into the Port field in the address bar.

-Mat

I know it isn't in the screenshot, but I have done that. Same result though, 'Incomplete URL or host'

PURRRRRFECT!!!!

Thank you very much, you are a wonderful human being.

Now can you help me with my other problem? I am having trouble keeping a girlfriend and I think it is because of my small...............maybe not!

Nancy, you're slaughtering me bandwidth girl!

You need a bit of kit to capture a screenshot. I use Gadwin PrintScreen, it is brilliant and free.

Go here to read about it, scroll down, hit the link and download it:

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/?prnscr

So, what you doing tomorrow night? Fancy swapping screenshots?