anonymous ftp

Dear Forum,

I am new to smartftp and have just downloaded the program. While connecting to my server, I may have done something wrong, specifically regarding the anonymous ftp. I have three seperate anonymous ftp screens active all at once, is this normal or did I somehow create all of them?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

terrace_29

Some suggestions on using SmartFTP for the first time.

1. Close all the connections to sites that you are connected to. (Tab at the bottom of the screen)
2. Clear all history of connected sites (Tools -> Options -> History -> Click the X icon)
3. At the top of SmartFTP, the default toolbar allows you to enter your ftp site information.
- Enter the site you wish to connect to i.e. ftp.smartftp.com
- Enter the user name and password (since there is no user for a public ftp account it is ANONYMOUS)
- The default FTP port is 21 (it will be entered when an ANONYMOUS account is being used)
** Click the ANONYMOUS button
4. Press Enter (While an active field address, user, password, port is still focused)

SmartFTP should now connect to the FTP server, a list of files will be shown.

Congradulations! YOU HAVE JUST LEARNED HOW TO USE SMARTFTP!

Thank you for your responce ddebidin, I have certainly done all of the aforementioned procedures, however my question more specifically was why do I have three active anonymous screens showing.

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

terrace_29

Some suggestions on using SmartFTP for the first time.

1. Close all the connections to sites that you are connected to. (Tab at the bottom of the screen)
2. Clear all history of connected sites (Tools -> Options -> History -> Click the X icon)
3. At the top of SmartFTP, the default toolbar allows you to enter your ftp site information.
- Enter the site you wish to connect to i.e. ftp.smartftp.com
- Enter the user name and password (since there is no user for a public ftp account it is ANONYMOUS)
- The default FTP port is 21 (it will be entered when an ANONYMOUS account is being used)
** Click the ANONYMOUS button
4. Press Enter (While an active field address, user, password, port is still focused)

SmartFTP should now connect to the FTP server, a list of files will be shown.
Congradulations! YOU HAVE JUST LEARNED HOW TO USE SMARTFTP!