Upload 'Select files' not lit

Brand new user, got my domain, downloaded Smart FTP, connected OK to the FTP. Tried to upload my website but 'select files' was not lit.

I do not have the same screen as the tutorial either BTW. The screen has a dialogue type box under 'Folders' which says what is happening with connection. Then it has a 'connections' box which has my FTP location with a folder icon against it and a sub folder with a green globe icon.

Please forgive my stupidity and provide rapid help.

Thanks in advance.

Brand new user, got my domain, downloaded Smart FTP, connected OK to the FTP. Tried to upload my website but 'select files' was not lit.

I do not have the same screen as the tutorial either BTW. The screen has a dialogue type box under 'Folders' which says what is happening with connection. Then it has a 'connections' box which has my FTP location with a folder icon against it and a sub folder with a green globe icon.

Please forgive my stupidity and provide rapid help.

Thanks in advance.

OK, in the meantime I followed the advice from another topic where the poster had been experiencing similar problems.

I have now completely lost my .pub file. I'm disgusted.

What a waste of time this was, I've lost my carefully designed website, I still don't know how Smart FTP works.

Nobody interested enough to reply either.

Don't bother now, I'm uninstalling Smart and will try another route.