V1.5 Cannot connect

I recently upgraded to Win XP, Zone Alarm, and Avast

Previously I could not connect using v 2, but could do so using v 1.5. Now when I try to connect using v 1.5, the icon flashes for a second and then shows a Disconnect red X. Yes, I am using the correct URL, login, and password for the server. I have files on the web site and can connect to it.

www3.sympatico.ca/username

The above addy is the one I used previously. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What does the log say? It's most likely a firewall configuration issue.

USER b1swtt85
331 Password required for b1swtt85.
PASS (hidden)
530 Login incorrect.
Well, these lines clearly show that either your username or password is incorrect. Try to resolve that issue with your FTP service provider first before using ZoneAlarm again. The problem above is no SmartFTP error / bug.

Well, these lines clearly show that either your username or password is incorrect. Try to resolve that issue with your FTP service provider first before using ZoneAlarm again. The problem above is no SmartFTP error / bug.

My web space is kept on the server of my ISP (sympatico.ca). My login and password for the web space is the same as that of my connection through Sympatico. That is why I know both of them. I'll check again by logging in to my ISP and SmartFTP using the same login and password.

It would seem to me that since I am connected and posting here that my login and password are the correct ones, but I'll try . . .

Thanks for your comments. I'll post back.

My web space is kept on the server of my ISP (sympatico.ca). My login and password for the web space is the same as that of my connection through Sympatico. That is why I know both of them. I'll check again by logging in to my ISP and SmartFTP using the same login and password.

It would seem to me that since I am connected and posting here that my login and password are the correct ones, but I'll try . . .

Thanks for your comments. I'll post back.

I tried many things and finally called my ISP. It seems that I have two different passwords now - one to connect to the Internet and the other to access my web space. I was able to use SmartFTP to update a file tonight.

Thanks for your help.